Retakers Please

To all those who are retaking level 1. Would like a bit of your mind if you would. What type of marks were you getting on practise exams when you failed? What band did you fail? Did you feel prepared going in or were you suprised by the difficulty?

I was getting 65%+ on the Qbank test. I didn’t read the CFAI books last time. Big mistake! I can remember 8-10 questions on RE on the exam that were not covered in the Schweser materials. This time around, I read the CFAI in addition to the Schwese materials, and the sample/mock scores have been much better. Still work to do, and only one week left. Good luck.

65-69 - failed band 10

golfmaniac Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was getting 65%+ on the Qbank test. I didn’t > read the CFAI books last time. Big mistake! I can > remember 8-10 questions on RE on the exam that > were not covered in the Schweser materials. This > time around, I read the CFAI in addition to the > Schwese materials, and the sample/mock scores have > been much better. Still work to do, and only one > week left. Good luck. “I can > remember 8-10 questions on RE on the exam” what do you mean by RE? Real Estate?

i’ve been getting 65-69 on the QBank exams!!! I’m doomed! Has anyone who was getting 65-69 on the QBANK stuff passed?

i was getting in 60s on Qbank and falied with band 10. this time around the scores are in 70s and 80s so hopefully will get through.

Failed with Band 10 in June 08 (Ethics killed me with less than 50). This result was on the basis of just reviewing without taking any exam - not even took CFA sample exam. This time changed strategy - also doing exams and tests. QBank average score 75%. However, my scores in CFA samples and Exams are not very high and barely touching (average 70). ETHICS continue to pose problem for me - I am not sure about comprehension or language problem. Either, last time I was lucky OR I am still working with poor dedication. Kept mock for tomorrow. I am not confident at all - infact l was more confident last time. Can anyone suggest me about Ethics. I have been working alot on this but still not comfortable with it.

RE = Real Estate

geranimo - someone posted this for ethics: http://www.cfainstitute.org/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_03179A9E09AC53D8CA3ADDC07A8672327A140100/filename/english_code.pdf there is also a mind map on it: http://blog.5m10y.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/cfa-ethical-and-professional-standards1.png goodluck… we need it!

golfmaniac- was the RE more valuation based or something like are REIT’s traded like stock?

NE- The RE questions were valuation based. I remember at least two NOI questions.

geranimo, when I am confused with ethics I just say what the standard means (Definition) before I try to answer it. This helps me alot cause alot of the time the wording may seem correct, but the actually def. of the standard doesn’t make sense to the issue at hand. When I first read it, I’m like f*** these all seem correct