Retakers! What is your plan for June 2010 and what was wrong

I hope we will clear this thing next year. My main questions: When should we start? How much time to put in? What changes in focus vs this year ? I am going to have a rest at least till end of October then I will allocate time proportionately to my weak areas and certainly will do CFAI end of chapters questions. Need serious improvement/maximum level of efforts: Corporate Finance Economics Equity Investments Portfolio Management Need small improvement/medium level of efforts: Alternative Investments Ethics FSA Keep at the same level: Derivatives Fixed Income Quants Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

i will start in december i have done very well in most of subjects but required serius improvement in Derivative( it failed me ) FI and AI i will use schweser again but this time i will do 100 % Question bank both vol 1 and 2 of schweser and i thnk that will be enough

I’m starting in September. Will use both Scweser and CFAI, but will follow my study approach for L1 - Read schweser, take notes by hand, supplement notes with CFAI reading notes and then do practice problems from CFAI and Schweser. I’ll be doing one reading every two days (approximately) with the reading/note taking one day and the practice problems the next. As far as I’m concerned, it’s been two months with no studying - I need improvements in all areas. I will also incorporate all my notes from the first go-round into my studying.

Hi Jdane416, I also was considering starting earlier but i am afraid if it result in burning out in jan-march.

Starting in October, Crushed FSA and Equity with >70 in both sections, but will probably focus more on ethics and quant this time around.

Guys, I want to start early but I only have CFA text for 2009. Can someone post a link to see diff b/w 2009 and 2010 so that I can start reading and skip unwanted topics. It would be helpful to all

it will appear later currently hardly somebody got a new curriculum.

I got this link from one of the other posts, its got the differences between the 2009 and 2010. http://www.finquiz.com/tips

I’ll clearly take more time on the last study sessions…due to time constraints a month prior the exam, I speed up a weebit and missed full information. Material: I’ll use the CFAI texts - although there are bigger and heavier than schweser, I found them really well done + Secret sauce for after each big parts Exercises of CFAI (all of them…) + Schweser '09 Hope that time won’t be a problem this year…if it is, switch to schweser (which really killed me for this session!) Starting time: mid-october - 1st objective: full view of the material at mid-Feb (then leaving for a month on vacation) when back, start reviewing! I WANNA KILLLLLLL THIS STUFF!!

I’m starting in October making a big summary based on cfai text in terms of what went wrong… It was the deceitfulness of mocks vs the real deal… I know the rules of the game now and will not fall for it again

I am thinking - is it worth buying Schweser 2010 if I have 2009? Planning to wait till CBOK comes and see what are the differencies. As for strategy - will start reading CBOK in September, do EOC questions.

baldyzah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got this link from one of the other posts, its > got the differences between the 2009 and 2010. > > http://www.finquiz.com/tips Great link especially sub los analysis link in the bottom of page! Thanks a lot!

What I suspect were my main errors were (1) Didn’t open CFAI Texts (2) didn’t study enough and (3) The quality of my time spent studying was not that great. So maybe if I just took care of 3 then I would have passed(band 10). But this time I’m gonna take care of all 3 and leave nothing to chance.

Yurik74 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am thinking - is it worth buying Schweser 2010 > if I have 2009? > Planning to wait till CBOK comes and see what are > the differencies. > As for strategy - will start reading CBOK in > September, do EOC questions. I’m going to buy the new Schweser materials. Yeah it costs more, but failing again costs even more.

I’ll start in October. I will go through my weak areas very slowly and make sure I understand them. I wont start putting in serious time until Jan. But by then I’ll already, hopefully, understand a few sections.

I’ll start in October. I will go through my weak areas very slowly and make sure I understand them. I wont start putting in serious time until Jan. But I’ll already, hopefully, understand a few sections.

So, would one be safe to continuing using the 2009 Schweser materials and just order the 2010 secret sauce? With not much being added, is it worth the $500 to get the essential kit and re-read the Schweser Study Notes?

^ Same question I’ve been asking myself. I’m leaning towards using 2009 Schweser materials (can buy it at a cheaper price) as opposed to the more expensive 2010 Schweser materials ($349) since (I believe) there are not too many changes from 2009. My main focus will be reading the CFAI textbook from cover to cover and supplement it with 2009 Schweser Notes…, although I’ll purchase the 2010 SchweserPro ($324). Or what do you guys think?

I believe the retakers (Schweser Premium Solution and up) will get 50% off on the 2010 which comes to $399 plus shipping and tax. So I am going to stick with Schweser material since the cost of Spro is just $100 less than the entire package for me. CFAI will be the focus and Schweser will be the supplement.

SalZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe the retakers (Schweser Premium Solution > and up) will get 50% off on the 2010 which comes > to $399 plus shipping and tax. So I am going to > stick with Schweser material since the cost of > Spro is just $100 less than the entire package for > me. > > CFAI will be the focus and Schweser will be the > supplement. Totally agree, all users of Schweser have 50% off for retake. Relying on 2009 notes could cost too much. Thus basic plan is Do CFAI EOC; Do all Schweser 4,200+ questions; Reread all weak areas in CFAI curriculum. So just a few questions: When do you plan to finish first pass of Schweser notes? When do you plan to finish second pass of Schweser notes? By which date do you plan to finish EOC? By which date do you plan to finish Schweserpro? When will you start doing practice exams (volume 1 and volume 2)? I am very afraid of burning out myself so I would like to work out the efficient plan within reasonable level of efforts? My suggestions