Retakers - What would you do differently in last one month

I know some retakers who have put in lot of hours 250+ last year and were not successful. - Could you please let us know what did you last time and what would you do differently this time in last one month. - What areas you thought were more trickier than EOC or Schweser even after all the hardwork - Is there any specific reason like only concentrating on few sections or more questions came from one particular section than you expected? - I hope you all pass for the courage of retaking and working so hard . I hope I will pass first time because I do not have the patience and time to read this all again.

Spread out the practice exams more. Last year, I was doing a practice exam every other day which didn’t leave much time to review weak areas in between. The EOCs are also one area I completely ignored, and am currently paying for that mistake.

Sorry if this has been asked many times, but it’s repeated often that the EOC questions are most similar to the exam, is that in content of material or style? Because for L1 - the EOCs and the exam questions seemed from diff planets.

This has likely been beaten to death too, but I really don’t have time to review EoC q’s of CFAI that i have never touched before, it would end up being a re-study, not review. Is doing all the schweser EoC q’s repetitvely sufficient? I tend to think yes, they are considerably more detailed than qbank garabage. Obviously i also take TONS of practice tests from both CFAI and Schweser.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This has likely been beaten to death too, but I > really don’t have time to review EoC q’s of CFAI > that i have never touched before, it would end up > being a re-study, not review. Is doing all the > schweser EoC q’s repetitvely sufficient? I tend > to think yes, they are considerably more detailed > than qbank garabage. > > Obviously i also take TONS of practice tests from > both CFAI and Schweser. I didn’t open the box of CFAI books from Level I or II and I passed both easily. Schweser has everything you need. Do tests and make sure you understand why you got wrong what you got wrong and you’ll be fine.

dd

dd

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > markCFAIL Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This has likely been beaten to death too, but I > > really don’t have time to review EoC q’s of > CFAI > > that i have never touched before, it would end > up > > being a re-study, not review. Is doing all the > > schweser EoC q’s repetitvely sufficient? I > tend > > to think yes, they are considerably more > detailed > > than qbank garabage. > > > > Obviously i also take TONS of practice tests > from > > both CFAI and Schweser. > > I didn’t open the box of CFAI books from Level I > or II and I passed both easily. > > Schweser has everything you need. > > Do tests and make sure you understand why you got > wrong what you got wrong and you’ll be fine. Dude, I thought you fell of the face of the earth. I remember that thread where you called everyone out for convincing some other user to take the exam, classic.

Was that to me or skillion? Cuz i don’t remember calling anyone out, although it does sound like me :stuck_out_tongue:

This is exactly what’s happening to me. I’ve been trying to do the EoC like I did last year, but it seems that I am restudying everything all over again. I was just thinking about bailing out on what’s left (2 chapters in Equity and Corporate Finance) and moving on to Qbank instead. It’s been taking so to do those. I think I’ll just finish the equity ones and move on to Qbank.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was that to me or skillion? Cuz i don’t remember > calling anyone out, although it does sound like me > :stuck_out_tongue: It was directed skillionaire. Here’s the thread: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,995755,page=1