Retention is fighting me ?

guys, here is a crazy observation: stuff I have read and understood I cant remember to solve questions. I go back to the text only to see all my notes and underlined key portions that answer the question. Now…what do I do to retain, recall…and reproduce…? my scores are worringly low SOS…!!!

You are not alone ! Just review them as much as possible !

I hear you … and very clearly!! I suppose Level 2 content was more complex but easier to retain. This is so qualitative that one forgets even the quantitative stuff :frowning: All we can do is put efforts and then there is that luck element :smiley: Keep studying … good luck … I am trying to at the pace of a tortoise.

oh thanks for the encouragement I need tons of it. I find my self praying from time to time for discouragement keeps coming in from time to time. i push ahead on your encouragement…

I’m having the same problem. I forgot a ton of stuff that I learned before but thats where the last few weeks come in. You have to make sure you remember what you learned so you have to cram it in there. Large part of passing is straight up luck of what they are going to test. Remember you still get a ton of partial credit per JDV’s post so you still have a solid chance of passing.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m having the same problem. I forgot a ton of > stuff that I learned before but thats where the > last few weeks come in. You have to make sure you > remember what you learned so you have to cram it > in there. > > Large part of passing is straight up luck of what > they are going to test. Remember you still get a > ton of partial credit per JDV’s post so you still > have a solid chance of passing. JDV = ? … pls?

JDV is/was the greatest poster on AF Sadly no longer with us. Same say he is really Timothy Geithner and have to leave AF when his country called, others say he was actually Chuck Norris, looking to kill a few hours on the internet. Another rumour has it that he vanished from AF about the same time Milton Friedman died. Coincidence? Who knows? anyway, this is thread bipolar refers to… http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,996488

ah…just go for it and do your best…we are all suffering from time contraints, short time horizon, negative skewed distribution…selective recall…or recallability trap…etc…but avoid concentration risk unless they are for session 4-5

Good to hear I am not alone in not recalling material I thought I knew and understood. I suppose the best remedysimply is to keep rereading my notes. Am now in my second-last cycle of going through all the material, and will devote Thursday to going over the whole lot again.