Returning Candidates - Level 1 Fees

Though it is too early, I reckon I have about 51% chance of passing the CFA Level 1. However that said I would like to be better prepared for December. Does anyone knows the fees for CFA Level 1 returning candidates? Best, DD

I am sure that the returning L1 candidates don’t have to pay the enrollment fees. It also says, that the curriculum will not be charged for those re-writing L1 in Dec (not sure how much will be reduced though).

I was told that returning students will have to pay around 450-500$ for Dec 08.

i took dec 07 paid 845 (i think i was in the second tier of the payment schedule) signed up for june 08 and got a slight discount - 638 paid

You would’ve had to pay for the books though right?

Dashingdude, mate I there with you =50-50 chances. I just don’t want to read again at least level 1. S

The way I look at it is that the fees for Level 1 candidates have 3 components, Enrolment Fees + Curriculum Fees + Exam Fees. I reckon candidates reappearing in the same year pay only the Exam Fees. Any update?

pretty sure it ranges from 600-900 as u get closer for the re-write…criminal i know

Quote: " June Level I candidates who re-register in the same calendar year (Level I exams are held in June and December) will not be charged again for the curriculum. " From: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/register/fees.html But, I have no idea of how much discount we`ll get - 50% would be nice. :frowning:

What sucks, if we fail in June, we’ll have missed the first cutoff date for Dec and will have to pay a higher exam fee. If we got results earlier, people who failed could take advantage of paying exam fees sooner at a discount.

you got it, that’s how CFA institute increase their revenue (actually net income) Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What sucks, if we fail in June, we’ll have missed > the first cutoff date for Dec and will have to pay > a higher exam fee. If we got results earlier, > people who failed could take advantage of paying > exam fees sooner at a discount.