Reusing old books for L2?

I have my old books for my L2 from last year and am planning on using them right now. I am going to sign up, but later in the year. Do you think I will have an issue studying from just these books again? Thanks.

Not really, I did that last year and passed. But remember that 2009 and 2010 versions were very identical, check to see if thats the case with 2010 and 2011.

Appreciate the response. I have looked into it and do not see a huge difference, but was wondering if anyone here had the same issue. Thanks again.

JM12345 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Appreciate the response. I have looked into it > and do not see a huge difference, but was > wondering if anyone here had the same issue. > Thanks again. Were the EOC also the same?

I asked customer service about the EOC questions, and they said they would “probably mostly be the same” but wouldn’t quote me a ratio

Hi guys, Why do you refrain from ordering new books? it only costs additional 50$. Is that because you have enough paper at home, or am I missing something here?

So you are going to spend 300+ hrs to study and use the old books to save $50… unless you are truly hard pressed I would characterize this as foolish.

1. Hard to believe the version would have changed much from 10-11, so why spend if the value added is so little? 2) official text is probably not the main meat of study; I didn’t even look at my official text last time around. I failed, but then, so did most people. For level one I never opened a page of official CFAI books. 3) environmental 4) e book is probably fine for me since my monitor is quite large and easy on the eyes.

I did some quick skimming of 10 vs 11 book differences today. I saw none in the first book (other than the updated SOPH). Pages and EOC questions were exactly the same.

db_4life Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So you are going to spend 300+ hrs to study and > use the old books to save $50… unless you are > truly hard pressed I would characterize this as > foolish. Maybe they don’t have the $700 to register right now, but have the 2010 books to study from. This is not foolish, in my opinion.