Review L1, L2 first or just dive right in to L3?

Since we have time on our side right now, is anyone planning to review L1 and L2 first – or are you just diving right away into L3?

I would just dive right in. for me, anyway, the level III material didn’t link back as much to level II like level II did to level I. If you come across something that needs refreshing, you could always do it then. There is a LOT of material in L3 to get through

I am 99.999% sure that going back to review L1/2 material would be a waste of time. L3 is a different ballgame altogether. Besides, I sold my old stuff on Ebay.

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Besides, I sold my > old stuff on Ebay. I can’t understand why candidates sell their old material. Don’t people have jobs where you need to refer to sometimes?

I agree with XSellSide & chartreuxmom, Forget L1 & L2–L3 is completely different-the more time you spend on it, the better. I did not reference/review L1 & L2 materials at all (except the Ethics Book). I don’t believe there would have been any value in it. Best of luck, Cheers! stock_girl, CFA

> I can’t understand why candidates sell their old material. we classify investments in material as “Available For Sale” instead of “Held To Maturity” to enable better Market Risk Management

vjay - nerdy joke. What’s worse, is i: 1) understood it 2) laughed. anyways - no need review the LI and LII. The LIII doesn’t really rely on those levels in depth (more just the concepts which you should know by being at this level). If you need to review later and have sold your books, there’s a wonderful new tool out there. The internet, when properly searched, is all you need. Or this forum by the looks of it.

strikershank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > vjay - nerdy joke. What’s worse, is i: > 1) understood it > 2) laughed. > > anyways - no need review the LI and LII. The LIII > doesn’t really rely on those levels in depth (more > just the concepts which you should know by being > at this level). > > If you need to review later and have sold your > books, there’s a wonderful new tool out there. The > internet, when properly searched, is all you need. > Or this forum by the looks of it. If you want to feel bad about yourself for laughing at a nerdy joke, look up “Baby Got WACC” on youtube. It is 4 minutes of solid jokes that only finance geeks will get…and it’s friggin hilarious.

“Baby Got WACC” IS HILARIOIUS… go watch it! The dollar bills dancing are soo freaky, but kinda cool too.