Review Level 1 Study Plan for June 2008 exam

Hi all, I’ve drafted up some sort of study plan in spreadsheet which gives me an idea of how long i should be spending my time on each topic, study sessions etc etc. Can anyone tell me if I’m heading down the right direction or wrong way? some assumptions are: > used the topic weightage that CFA website provides > utilising 7 days in a week, does not consider holidays etc. > provides approximately 4-5 weeks of REVIEW prior to exam anyway, here you go -> HOW do i attach files? one topic first… Functional Area Topic Wts Study Session Readings Wts Wks Days Start Wk End Wk Ethical & Professional Standards (15%) Ethical & Professional Standards 15% 1 1-4 2.7 5.1 35.7 09/09/2007 14/10/2007

Hi all, here’s the spreadsheet that i’ve done up to plan my level 1 studies for the june 2008 exam. can anyone please help me in reviewing it and tell me if it is: > does not make sense > does not consider any weightings > does not consider any level of difficulties. http://www.4shared.com/dir/4077291/62e4b588/sharing.html thanks.

So, how many pages will you read? Will you take notes on what you read?

will of course read all the pages, except where there’s enough time will skip the Optional Segments. yes, will take notes on top of reading. that’s y i though it’s quite time-consuming. i’ve completed SS1, and it took me about 4.5 weeks +/- few days. this includes practise questions in the book.

What I meant was how many pages are you reading per study session, are you studying every day? The reason I ask is bc I am going through the same thing. It is taking me forever to get through book 1, and I am reading and taking notes 4 days per week. I originally typed the notes, but with all of the formulas it is easier and faster I think to hand write them. I try to answer all of the LOS’s and then make notes of anything that doesn’t sound familiar to me. Even though this is taking awhile, I think it is a good approach because it will give good notes to review over time. just a thought…

rexwrx8 heres my study plan, hope you can compare it with yours http://www.esnips.com/doc/3187c868-4a2a-4c08-b5f2-53473bdd53ff/Performance-Report SUMMARY: 3 to 2 study readings per week (depends on number of pages per readings) and off every saturday.

Hey guys, I started with a plan of doing 1 study session every 3 weeks, and I have since revised that to ready a certain number of pages a day and taking hand written notes. Are you guys taking notes??

mmcharpie, i don’t go by number of pages, just go by recommended weightings and its number of SGs. Not studying everyday, i’m assuming some things like: planned is for everyday, about 2 hours, but actual is 5 days, about 1+ hour, including taking notes. thanks for the tip. :wink: mmcharpie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What I meant was how many pages are you reading > per study session, are you studying every day? > > The reason I ask is bc I am going through the same > thing. It is taking me forever to get through > book 1, and I am reading and taking notes 4 days > per week. I originally typed the notes, but with > all of the formulas it is easier and faster I > think to hand write them. > > I try to answer all of the LOS’s and then make > notes of anything that doesn’t sound familiar to > me. Even though this is taking awhile, I think it > is a good approach because it will give good notes > to review over time. > > just a thought…

alix12, thanks for showing me your study plan. I don’t quite understand how it plans out your time. but you’ve got the same estimates 2-3 SS readings per week. the Performance Matrix tab -> is that for tabulating your results from taking sample exams from CFA, and other Tests such as Qbank etc etc? does that include the Practise Questions from the CFA textbook?? that’s a good idea! alix12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > rexwrx8 heres my study plan, hope you can compare > it with yours > > http://www.esnips.com/doc/3187c868-4a2a-4c08-b5f2- > 53473bdd53ff/Performance-Report > > SUMMARY: > 3 to 2 study readings per week (depends on number > of pages per readings) and off every saturday.

Friend w/ undergrad in Finance wrote level 1 twice, studied everyday for 6/mo’s…notes on wall, crammed 5-6 hours on the weekends and didn’t seem to cut it for his first attempt. From what I’ve read and his experience tells me, for those of us that arn’t “gifted in math and memorization at a glance” I’ve been hitting the SS notes 3-4/hours a day. try to do 10 hours over the weekend and read note cards on the train to work…hopefully I’ll pass. Once my CFAI materials show, the plan is a minimum of 45 pages a day, get 08’ notes and hit the Qbank for a month before the test. My concern is burn out, but I work in the industry and really enjoy the material (less all the stat). I’ve been considering Schweser mp3’s, I heard a sample and I think its well worth the purchase. I should have an ear free to listen all day durring work for that extra little bit of retention. Does anyone else find Quant really difficault?