Review strategy help!

Hi Guys I wanted get some ideas/strategies on how folks here are reviewing material they have covered so far. So far I have completed Quant (both study sessions) and am half way through the first session in Economics. I am using the CFAI texts as my main reading material. This morning when I attempted some Qbank questions to test how much of the Quant material I remembered, I walked away a disappointed. I did terrible on probability related questions. I couldn’t recall some concepts (and I was fairly confident about these concepts at the time of the reading) To avoid forgetting concepts that you have read what are some of the things you are doing? One strategy I am now thinking of is to attempt 10/15 Qbank questions every week from each of the covered Topic covered. Any questions I get incorrect, I plan on reviewing those concepts that week. Any thoughts/suggestions? If any past exam takers can talk about their strategies, I would really appreciate it.

Great question and I’m struggling with the same thing since there is SO much information to remember. Once I start the FRA section, I don’t want to forget everything I’ve learned so far from Quant and Econ. I keep index cards of formulas and concepts from Quant and Econ on my desk at work nd try to flip through them at least once a day. I also review notes while walking on the treadmill in the morning and while sitting in traffic during my commute. I haven’t ordered QBank yet, but like your idea of doing a few questions every week of sections I’ve already covered. Any ideas from those that passed Level 1 would be greatly appreciated!

Started with FSA and stuck with the cash flows . Any tips on how to solve cash flow quetions would be of great help.

I am in the same boat. I go through the material and understand it pretty well but when I return to those sections after reading on, I don’t do nearly as well as I would like. I feel like taking notes is tough becasue you will end up spending a lot of time writing. Once thing I began doing was retyping the LOS reviews at the end of the Schweser notes for each reading. This way when I am at work or when I have a few free moments I can review some of the bigger topics. I think I will add some of my own notes to this as well as I progres…

Horse Girl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I keep index cards of formulas and concepts from > Quant and Econ on my desk at work nd try to flip > through them at least once a day. I also review > notes while walking on the treadmill in the > morning and while sitting in traffic during my > commute. I am going to try to use Index cards as well. I haven’t created any for quant but moving forward for econ, I would definetly like to try it. I hope folks like beatthecfa and rus1bus who have been helping L1’ers on these frums provide their thoughts as well.

I didn’t use any index cards or took any notes. I just did a lot of practice questions. The Schweser and CFAI sample and mock exams have the best questions. I felt Qbank was only useful for reviewing FRA, Quant, etc for formulas and calculations, the ethics questions on Qbank was nearly worthless.

If you have a month in the end to review, and if you have access to study guides, you’ll find that it all comes back to you fairly quickly IF: 1. You did at least all the practice questions in your study guide plus the ones in the CFAI text. 2. If you highlighted stuff in the text/ study guide. 3. If you have access to a review book (Eleventh Hour Guide/ Secret Sauce) If you own a Qbank/passmaster it definitely helps drill those concepts in. Bear in mind that these questions have very little resemblance to the types of questions you’ll see on the actual exam. However, there is definitely value in learning through practice and in learning from your mistakes.

I am using the Elan guides and CFA books but I also purchased the analyst notes package. They have a ton of questions you can do and can break them down by sections etc. I am happy with them so far.

Keep doing one 60-question Qbank per day and memorize those 217 formulas.

beatthecfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you have a month in the end to review, and if > you have access to study guides, you’ll find that > it all comes back to you fairly quickly IF: > > 1. You did at least all the practice questions in > your study guide plus the ones in the CFAI text. > 2. If you highlighted stuff in the text/ study > guide. > 3. If you have access to a review book (Eleventh > Hour Guide/ Secret Sauce) > > If you own a Qbank/passmaster it definitely helps > drill those concepts in. Bear in mind that these > questions have very little resemblance to the > types of questions you’ll see on the actual exam. > However, there is definitely value in learning > through practice and in learning from your > mistakes. Thanks beatthecfa great advice. As you indicated, I am making sure that I do all the EOC questions and schweser study guide questions after each reading. I am also planning on doing about 50 Q bank questions per week on all the material covered up until that point to help drill the concepts One question/concern though (sorry couldn’t help but ask) A lot of people here are saying that Qbank questions are not representative of the actual exams. Are there any questions available for practice that are more representative of the actual exam? I only know of 1) schweser practise exams and 2) CFAI sample questions & mock exam, if I leave these up until the last month would that be enough questions for practice?