Review time

Hi guys,

I will be through the whole material in about 2 weeks (I watched videos, did both Schweser and CFAI EOC questions and took notes).

I would then start to review chapter by chapter and start with Schweser practice exams.

I will have 3 weeks off work before june 2nd to do mocks.

How much time did you guys plan for review and do you think that 6-7 weeks will be enough time?

Thanks for your input,

Dan

I’m starting review on April 15, so a good seven or eight weeks.

I set a deadline to finish the material 8th of April aswell, and going to take 3 weeks off too. I think 6-7 weeks of revision/solving is ideal.

i will be finished with my first run through end of april so just one month for revision. however i have done a huge amount of questions (all the questions relating to the readings i have gone through so far - now i am just starting on book 5) which i hope will give me an advantage going in to the review stage.

Great, sounds we’re all in good shape!

Great, sounds we’re all in good shape!

I will be finished with Schweser in about 2 weeks as well. After that, I have at my disposal

• Schweser practice exams volume 1 and 2.

-Schweser Exam workshop Q’s

• Qbank (More to test my knowledge of the concepts rather than simulate exam type questions)

-CFAI Mock

Anyone else have anything else they are using? I also have 2 weeks off before the test and am not sure exactly when I should be using what. I do learn a lot more from doing q’s over and over again as opposed to memorizing everything from the readings.

I will be finished with Schweser in about 2 weeks as well. After that, I have at my disposal

• Schweser practice exams volume 1 and 2.

-Schweser Exam workshop Q’s

• Qbank (More to test my knowledge of the concepts rather than simulate exam type questions)

-CFAI Mock

Anyone else have anything else they are using? I also have 2 weeks off before the test and am not sure exactly when I should be using what. I do learn a lot more from doing q’s over and over again as opposed to memorizing everything from the readings.

My plan includes Schweser volumes 1 +2 and CFAI Mock as well.

I also plan to use the elan guides mock in may. For level 1 it was of great help and highly indicative of the real exam.

I’m also thinking about doing the boston cfa society mock, but that depends on how much time I have left before test day.

I didn’t find Schweser sample exams very helpful for L2 last year (retaker, band 10. Kill me.). I’ve used CFAI texts and EOC questions exclusively so far this year. I plan to use materials in this order: CFAI Sample Exams (shorter, $40 each ones, not the mocks), NYSSA live mock exam (which is the same as the Schweser online exam - only doing this bc I can get the 6 hour test environment under my belt and compare my score to other mock takers), 2011 CFAI mock, then 2012 CFAI mock. I want to save the 2012 CFAI mock for the very last thing, both because I don’t want it to crush my confidence, and because I don’t want to take it and have nothing harder to go to early on.