Rising Rates Thesis

What do you guys think is the best way to act on a rising rates thesis using public market equities? I know TBT would be one way, but I’m wondering if there are any others. I’m not well versed in the ETF world so figured I’d use the collective wisdom of AF for any ideas.

The question isn’t whether rates are going to rise but rather whether they will rise faster than what is built into the forward curve.

This isn’t the answer you’re looking for, but if you’re in equities and rates are generally rising then you’re doing well anyway. If you want to specifically play interest rates there are obviously the ETFs, or you could go the route of buying companies like Schwab and Northern Trust.

Step 1 - Drop the word “thesis” from your vocabulary. In this contex, it gives me douche chills.

1morelevel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The question isn’t whether rates are going to rise > but rather whether they will rise faster than what > is built into the forward curve. This. You have to compare your forecast of rate rises to market expectations.