Rolex Air King

do not buy a watch to make money. my friend bought a gold breitling when gold was at an all time high and his reasoning was that gold will keep going up.

its an ugly watch and he had to pay more for the custom order.

he tried to sell it and cant get a bit bc a)its so ugly and b)gold went down since then

so he will either keep it or have to take a loss

btw that snoopy looks nice

unless you have enough cashflow to buy unique (think diablo2 unique) watches in the 20-50k and are okay with storing them in a vault for 40 years - do not buy any watch as an investment. the only models that hold close to msrp are daytonas and submariners (popular omega models (max 75%). for every other model the accounting treatment is similar to that of buying a car, once you walk out of the boutique take a 50% haircut on it.

lol yea all this research actually got me thinking submariner or daytona just cuz the real cost is 0 if it holds value.

but i dont know if its a good fit for someone like me, just cuz im pretty careless and i might accidentally break it or get jacked. lol

what patek philippe models hold their value? not thinking of buying, but just want to know so i can be a bit more cultured.

The Daytona is really nice, especially some of the more unique looking models but I still don’t understand the appeal of the Sub. For the price of the Sub date I’d buy a Speedmaster and an Explorer.

The Patek watches that hold value the best are probably those one of a kind ones with many complications that cost $100k+. They are like the final boss of watches and people will just pay whatever. However, used pedestrian models like Nautilus or Cavalatratralala all seem to cost $10k+, even for old models, so they seem not too bad as well. This assumes you are going from used to used. If you pay MSRP new, then you will likely lose money no matter what.

Yeah watches are sunk cost to me. I buy them because I’m a fan and I never consider them on my balance sheet. Speaking from the 5-15k zone, get a scratch on the case, slash 10%, loose bracelet, slash 5%, so on so forth. Considering the watch in a valuation sense just distracts from the experience and perverts the motives of having a mechanical watch in a digital world.

lol Cavalatratralala … hahaha

My Speedy purchase has started an addiction… I’m looking at a Zenith El Primero vintage or a Breitling Superocean. Already have a chrono in the Speedy so leaning towards the blue on blue Superocean.

https://www.jomashop.com/zenith-watch-03-2520-400-69-c713.html

https://www.breitling.com/en/models/superocean-heritage/superocean-heritage-46/

i have a primero its a nice watch the strap is very good quality and feels nice.

Stop! Turn back while you still can! Seriously, if you just bought an expensive watch and you are already looking towards your next purchase, you are showing addictive tendencies. This will put you in the poor house quicker than crack. Watch addiction is a real thing.