Running Shoes

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can’t you just mix it up with some heal, some > mid-foot? I’m planning to do some of each once I > can run outside again. I won’t be running as much > as you do though. You’re 100% right, and that’s what I’ve been working on, particularly as that’s what many of the top runners are doing. But for some reason I guess I’m prone to developing IT band syndrome when I’m running on my mid-foot, and once you get it, it’s with you no matter how you run until you take enough time off. I think I’ve isolated what exactly motion develops in my stride to cause it (primarily occurs when I’m tiring and trying to maintain too quick a pace on my mid-foot).

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think running flatfooted is most comfortable, > albeit not very fast. If one knee starts hurting, > I just lean more on the other knee until it goes > away. For traditional knee pain this works, but ITBS is more of an inflammation that once it starts in is almost definitely going to develop into a problem regardless.

I’m having a pair of Inov-8 f-lite 230s delivered today. Excited to try them out.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m having a pair of Inov-8 f-lite 230s delivered > today. Excited to try them out. NICE dude, I’ve been eying up their shoes for awhile. You’ll have to tell me how they work out.

I got a pair of the NB Minimus Trail yesterday. These shoes kick ass… The shoes weigh next to nothing. It definitely feels like you’re running barefoot, only with better grip and you don’t have to worry about destroying your feet.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got a pair of the NB Minimus Trail yesterday. > These shoes kick ass… got them two weeks ago and after using them in the gym i’m in love, too. they’re great for posture and form. i did a trail 5k over the weekend and there were a few guys rocking them. i’m not up to that level yet, but would like to give them a try outdoors later in the summer.

Yah, ran a 20M trail fun run last weekend, haven’t seen the Minimus’s around yet, but I’m sure I will. They’re expecting them to be pretty popular. MWVT, I saw Inov8’s everywhere. The brand seems to be getting a serious following.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got a pair of the NB Minimus Trail yesterday. > These shoes kick ass… > > The shoes weigh next to nothing. It definitely > feels like you’re running barefoot, only with > better grip and you don’t have to worry about > destroying your feet. I saw a full review on birthdayshoes.com. They look pretty good. Let us know how they hold up long-term.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yah, ran a 20M trail fun run last weekend, haven’t > seen the Minimus’s around yet, but I’m sure I > will. They’re expecting them to be pretty > popular. MWVT, I saw Inov8’s everywhere. The > brand seems to be getting a serious following. Yeah, they are real big with CrossFit already. The problem is they are hard to find in stock anywhere in the US. I have been using them for CrossFit workouts, but have yet to do a legit run in them. I was just cleared to run due to my hip and didn’t want to add a minimalist shoe to the mix until I was sure everything was okay. Having now done 3 runs of 4 miles I think I am okay to check them out. Did you see the pictures for the Georgia tough mudder? Looked pretty fun. 1 month to go!

this is the one i did: http://www.riverboundrace.com/race-info/ three more to go

Apparently there’s a place in Mars, PA (about half hour North of Pittsburgh) called Second Sole that carries Inov8’s is where everyone was getting them.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Apparently there’s a place in Mars, PA (about half > hour North of Pittsburgh) called Second Sole that > carries Inov8’s is where everyone was getting > them. Thanks. I will check them out.

Can get Inov8s at againfaster.com if you can’t find them at a store around you.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can get Inov8s at againfaster.com if you can’t > find them at a store around you. I had problems getting them there before. Maybe Inov8 is working out their supply issues.