Sad day for me

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wish I could say I care but, I don’t. This > happens. Deal with it. > > Willy Agreed with JoeyDVivre. WillyR, you just proved what most people here have known all along, i.e. people should pay no attention to anything you say. Besides, shouldn’t you be at the Leafs game with Bill Hill and Jeff Winstanely or something?

Easiest way to get over a girl is to get > under a new one. The same principal applies to job > hunting. > Well Put!

That sucks. Sorry to hear man.

As oppose to your brilliant insights Numi? This kind of nonsense happens all the time. What do you expect me to do, send around a collection basket for the guy? And judging by the talent of some of the resumes on this board that were received for a BASIC fund analyst role, there’s a better than 8 out of 10 that he still lives at home with mom and dad…meaning who cares if he got turfed? And don’t even get me started on Bill Hill, what a meat head. It’s guys like Hill who typically cause entire departments to get sacked because of their complete and utter incompetence. Not so long ago, a guy named Jerome Kerviel showed a floor full of guys like Bill Hill what happens when you are completely useless at your job even though the fall out will - more than likely - affect people who had nothing to do with it. Another example, John Hunkin. What in the blue hell did any of my friends at CIBC have to do with the fallout of what that loser and his merry band of idiots caused to that bank while still getting to keep their million dollar pay cheques? That guy Bill Herrington or however it’s spelt takes the cake though, I believe he was the CIBC Chairman [Hunkin was the CEO]…I equate him to two marbles rolling around in a rusty tin can, what a drunk. Want another drunk? James P O’Shaugnessy. Here is a perfect example of why you shouldn’t get too successful early on in your career: because you spend the subsequent decades drinking yourself silly. Willy

Hey Numi, can you email me the headhunters contact info? also, I posted a thread “how much does this job pay” I would appreciate your 2 cents. Thanks, cart

negativefcf, sorry to hear about your situation, esp since I’m from Boston myself. If you’re as good as you say you are, another firm will pick you up in due time. WillyR, if you don’t care, we expect you to do NOTHING. Can you imagine what AF would be like if everybody posted on every thread they don’t care about?

I don’t know why someone would waste two minutes of valuable time to go out of their way to be an a$$hole to some guy who just lost his job… My condolences about the loss of your job, good luck.

“No man is an island, entire of itself…any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.” Sorry to hear NegCFC, but I keep my fingers crossed for you. Be sure and tell us when things turn around! I’m sure it won’t be too long.

Geez what the heck is wrong with WillyR? Negtivefcf (though I really don’t like his nom de Af) has been a valuable contributor on AF and I hope he will continue that (maybe, uh, even more now that he has some more time). We should all wish him the best of luck in his job search, a little sympathy, and whatever help we can offer him. I really think this is a community where we can disagree and say nasty stuff, but if someone is hurting because they lost their job or something, this ought to be a place they can come and get it off their chest and not be met with that kind of BS. Negativefcf - forget that nonsense. Most of us here feel your pain and wish you all the best.

I spent most of my youth wanting to be Robert Jordan. Be a small town college professor, go off to distant lands to fight romantic wars for noble causes, fall in love with some beautiful and exotic woman, get killed by Fascists, etc… 'There are many who do not know they are fascists but will find it out when the time comes"

Also, classy move collecting resumes on this board and then proceeding to publicly sh!t on the people who assumed you were just trying to help out and would keep things confidential. Real winner this guy. keep your head up negative.

“All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes, but the Lord weigheth the heart.” Proverbs 16:2

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As oppose to your brilliant insights Numi? This > kind of nonsense happens all the time. What do you > expect me to do, send around a collection basket > for the guy? And judging by the talent of some of > the resumes on this board that were received for a > BASIC fund analyst role, there’s a better than 8 > out of 10 that he still lives at home with mom and > dad…meaning who cares if he got turfed? And > don’t even get me started on Bill Hill, what a > meat head. It’s guys like Hill who typically cause > entire departments to get sacked because of their > complete and utter incompetence. Not so long ago, > a guy named Jerome Kerviel showed a floor full of > guys like Bill Hill what happens when you are > completely useless at your job even though the > fall out will - more than likely - affect people > who had nothing to do with it. Another example, > John Hunkin. What in the blue hell did any of my > friends at CIBC have to do with the fallout of > what that loser and his merry band of idiots > caused to that bank while still getting to keep > their million dollar pay cheques? That guy Bill > Herrington or however it’s spelt takes the cake > though, I believe he was the CIBC Chairman …I > equate him to two marbles rolling around in a > rusty tin can, what a drunk. Want another drunk? > James P O’Shaugnessy. Here is a perfect example of > why you shouldn’t get too successful early on in > your career: because you spend the subsequent > decades drinking yourself silly. > > Willy Well, I never pontificated about how negativefcf should or shouldn’t handle his situation, but if you think my insights are “brilliant,” I’m willing to take that as a compliment. But in reality, I understand the plight of the common man as much as the next person, so I don’t need praise from you or anyone else to sympathize and be willing to help someone who just lost his job. Anyway, you’re free to react to the situation however you want, but I’d hate to be the person to deny assistance to someone else in their time of need because I thought I was “better” or “too qualified” to help. Obviously you have a different opinion on the matter.

negativefcf, when god closed a window on you, he might opened a door. Wish you the best on job hunting!!

cart10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Numi, > > can you email me the headhunters contact info? > also, I posted a thread “how much does this job > pay” I would appreciate your 2 cents. > > Thanks, > cart drop me an email and explain your background/what jobs you’re looking for, and i can see if any of my contacts would be a good fit for you

Take a well-deserved break, perk yourself up so that you’d be ready for the interviews (read: new opportunities, new challenges and new colleagues) coming your way. Chin up! Tough times don’t last but tough men do!

It is just a job, you can always find another one. I always believe that everything happens for a reason. Good luck!

Willy’s a troll, you guys should have realized that by now. Don’t pay attention to anything he says, and certainly don’t send him your resume. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the reincarnated Pod, or Lion or someone…

NegativeCF: I’m in Boston and we have an opening for a junior analyst (helping with manager due diligence/asset allocation/ad hoc). Drop me your resume if you want. Click on my name and my email is the handle you’ll see @yahoo

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WillyR Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > As oppose to your brilliant insights Numi? This > > kind of nonsense happens all the time. What do > you > > expect me to do, send around a collection > basket > > for the guy? And judging by the talent of some > of > > the resumes on this board that were received for > a > > BASIC fund analyst role, there’s a better than > 8 > > out of 10 that he still lives at home with mom > and > > dad…meaning who cares if he got turfed? And > > don’t even get me started on Bill Hill, what a > > meat head. It’s guys like Hill who typically > cause > > entire departments to get sacked because of > their > > complete and utter incompetence. Not so long > ago, > > a guy named Jerome Kerviel showed a floor full > of > > guys like Bill Hill what happens when you are > > completely useless at your job even though the > > fall out will - more than likely - affect > people > > who had nothing to do with it. Another example, > > John Hunkin. What in the blue hell did any of > my > > friends at CIBC have to do with the fallout of > > what that loser and his merry band of idiots > > caused to that bank while still getting to keep > > their million dollar pay cheques? That guy Bill > > Herrington or however it’s spelt takes the cake > > though, I believe he was the CIBC Chairman …I > > equate him to two marbles rolling around in a > > rusty tin can, what a drunk. Want another > drunk? > > James P O’Shaugnessy. Here is a perfect example > of > > why you shouldn’t get too successful early on > in > > your career: because you spend the subsequent > > decades drinking yourself silly. > > > > Willy > > Well, I never pontificated about how negativefcf > should or shouldn’t handle his situation, but if > you think my insights are “brilliant,” I’m willing > to take that as a compliment. But in reality, I > understand the plight of the common man as much as > the next person, so I don’t need praise from you > or anyone else to sympathize and be willing to > help someone who just lost his job. > > Anyway, you’re free to react to the situation > however you want, but I’d hate to be the person to > deny assistance to someone else in their time of > need because I thought I was “better” or “too > qualified” to help. Obviously you have a different > opinion on the matter. Oh and I’m not sure about brilliant but I have definitely learned some stuff from numi’s posts and I’m pretty sure lots of other people have too.