Sad day

For soccer fans. Two of the most boring teams ever will play today in the Champions League Final. The question is now which team do I hate more.

well… take into account that the euro champ starts the 7th :slight_smile: well… I would not be very happy, anyway, as spain will not pass quarter finals (actually I have serious doubts about first round…)

I’m not watching. In fact, I’m rooting for the referee. I hope he has a complete shocker. But I think the chances are about 100% that I will spend Sunday, June 8 in a cool, dark pub watching two Euro 2008 matches. Looks like Austria-Croatia and Germany-Poland. Yeah, and I’ll consume some beer, a hamburger, and tater tots too. Smell what I’m cooking?

I don’t want to watch, but I know that I will watch anyway. I can’t wait for the 7th. Get it over with this CFA thing and start of Euro 2008. I personally like the European Championship more than the World Cup, only 16 teams, all playing fantastic ( this year we have two hosts who normally would not be there, but still 14 good teams). It’s like skipping the first two weeks of the World cup.

group C is going to be brutal… italy, france, netherlands, rumania… only 50% will pass :slight_smile:

Six worst words I’ve ever heard in my life… “Dad, I want to play soccer.”

Honestly for me they would be: “dad I want to play Baseball” … watching these fat middle-aged guys on steroids spitting and chewing tobacco is disgusting. My company gave me two tickets for top class seats on opening day, I took my son, we enjoyed the dinner buffet and took a couple of pictures and were out of there by the third inning. It’s a culture thing I guess.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Six worst words I’ve ever heard in my life… > “Dad, I want to play soccer.” … said zidane

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Honestly for me they would be: > > “dad I want to play Baseball” … watching these > fat middle-aged guys on steroids spitting and > chewing tobacco is disgusting. My company gave me > two tickets for top class seats on opening day, I > took my son, we enjoyed the dinner buffet and took > a couple of pictures and were out of there by the > third inning. It’s a culture thing I guess. yeah. watching a bunch of guys that chase a ball around for an hr and half and score…maybe one goal…has the same effect on me. Plus they take their shirts off when the game ends.

:slight_smile: honestly, you should see one good match live, there, in the stadium. Something like madrid-bayern.munich, or barcelona-chelsea, inter-arsenal… or watch in your tv any old world cup match (70s are awesome) you would change your mind

^^ they take their shirts off because they have been playing a proper sport where you actually run around. Baseball does not really count as a sport, in my opinion. “an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition”? Come on… (That says “and”, not “or”.)

I dont see football players taking off their shirts (American) and that requires plenty of phyiscal exertion

hala_madrid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > :slight_smile: > > honestly, you should see one good match live, > there, in the stadium. Something like > madrid-bayern.munich, or barcelona-chelsea, > inter-arsenal… or watch in your tv any old world > cup match (70s are awesome) > > you would change your mind I don’t doubt that. I used to go to NASL games here when I was a kid and it was fun. But as a TV sport, it’s brutal. I actually don’t mind my kid playing soccer at all. I’ll watch because it’s my kid, but I can’t say I enjoy it.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont see football players taking off their > shirts (American) and that requires plenty of > phyiscal exertion You got me! I guess we just like taking it off.

SAD DAY?? I can’t believe that non of you mentioned that Jessica Alba is now officially off the market…

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bigwilly Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I dont see football players taking off their > > shirts (American) and that requires plenty of > > phyiscal exertion > > > You got me! I guess we just like taking it off. Not so fast, some of these Football players are well over 300 lbs, I don’t think you want to see them with their shirts off :slight_smile: …But good game so far, we’ll see how it ends.

You poor b@stard Chelsey fans. Talk about a dagger to the heart.

i have nothing to do with chelsea or manU, but this was not fair… Chelsea deserved to win. Drogba red card is ridiculous… anyway, next year the cup will come back to madrid :slight_smile: good night

Soccer - gentleman’s game played by hooligans Rugby - hooligan’s game played by gentlemen Hockey - THE ULTIMATE SPORT EVER Imagine if a hockey player took a dive every time he got as much as grazed by another player…wait…that’s every european in the NHL. Coincidence???

Couldn’t agree more Gooman. That’s the biggest turnoff of soccer for me. How a guy can leave a soccer game on a stretcher and be back playing minutes later is beyond ridiculous. Guys don’t leave the ice on a stretcher unless their life is in danger. And yes, the soccer influence has definitely worked it’s way into the NHL via the soccer mentality that has come from the European influx.