Sailing - Elena

Hey Elena (hope I’m spelling your name right), This is a complete shot in the dark, but on the off chance you are browsing the forums today…this is Jory. It was really great meeting you yesterday and I’d love to stay in touch. Hope your day is going well.

Who will write the background story to this post? Here’s mine: guy meets girl at sailing club and tells her he just took the CFA level 3. Girl tells guy she knows someone who took it too. guy tells girl he visits analystforum.com regularly to hang out with other ‘smart, funny, very rich’ guys. girl is smitten. guy asks for her number. girl has no pen or paper on her. girl promises to look him up on analystforum.com. they browse happily ever after.

I’m just wondering who names their kid “Jory.”

+5, one of the better posts today.

On a bustling hot day in the summer, Jory meets Elena when both try to go sailing in New York. Two strangers amid the masses in New York City, their paths collide in the mad holiday rush as they feel a mutual attraction. Despite the fact that each is involved in another relationship, Jory and Elena spend the evening sailing together. But when the night reaches its inevitable end, the two are forced into determining some kind of next step. When the smitten Jory suggests an exchange of phone numbers, Elena balks and proposes an idea that will allow fate to take control of their future. If they are meant to be together, she tells him, they will find their way back into one another’s life. Jory has tried everything possible - including craigslist. He has almost given up. Tired and exhausted, he logs on to AF and the idea dawns upon him and he decides to give one last shot at his fate.

Jory already posted the video. http://www.waytoomany.com/video/sailing/

Wow, this has gone a lot further than expected. Funny though, even at my own expense. Good to see everyone’s imagination is alive and well. As for the name comment though…that’s just messed up. I still hope you passed, 'cause I don’t wish retaking this monster on anyone. Just don’t be asking me for a job anytime soon.

I think ‘itstoohot’ on AF is your Elina.

silly kids. pleasure to meet you too and thanks for this.

There she is! Two kindred spirits brought together through the magic of AF. Someday we all will meet our fairytale sailing Elena on here :slight_smile:

I’ve already met my Elena. I’m looking for my akanska here.

… hey farley013!! Do you have a sailboat?? I always pictured myself sunning on the bow of a nice catamaran in the Greek isles… hehe

farley has a sailboat… the one he plays with in his tub

farley013 - what would you do if akanksa turned out to be a guy with a gurly user name?

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > … hey farley013!! Do you have a sailboat?? I > always pictured myself sunning on the bow of a > nice catamaran in the Greek isles… > > hehe If I did it would have a no-clothing-on-board policy.

eliapa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > silly kids. > > pleasure to meet you too and thanks for this. Wow! Isn’t this thread supposed to be in the “Hook up” section?

… it rubs the lotion on its skin… it rubs the lotion on its skin…

There goes that fantasy.

I figured that would do it ; )

LOL!!! Lets laugh as much while we can. The end is nigh.