Salary bump with CFA

So when you got the CFA at your current job, did your firm automatically bump your salary? If so, how much. If no, how did you negotiate the salary bump? Any other responsibilities bump?

question: what is the minimum salary you have seen for someone with a CFA?

probably 60k

“question: what is the minimum salary you have seen for someone with a CFA?” $1…no joke.

Sales?

No salary bump where I work, in sell side research

Partner…

My work is a big advocate of the CFA. You get automatic pay raises for each level passed: Level 1: $2000 Level 2: $3000 Level 3: $4000 I started only 3 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to here that.

moto376 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My work is a big advocate of the CFA. You get > automatic pay raises for each level passed: > > Level 1: $2000 > Level 2: $3000 > Level 3: $4000 > > I started only 3 weeks ago and was pleasantly > surprised to here that. Factset?

Registering for CFA is written into our contracts at my job and hence taken quite seriously. We get an $8000 raise for each level so theres a lot riding on the exam!

salary bump with CFA is negitive in Canada due to increasing density of CFA chartholders.

Salary bump? maybe i will get to keep my job with all Ph.ds around

When there are lots of CFA charter holders, having a CFA designation is only a point of parity. I have been to couple of interviews where I was told that all CFAs are identical. Well, this is what happens when you have same universal program. You should have something additional to differentiate- have been to top univ or an MBA or other differentiator that most other charter holders don’t have. So no salary raise in most cases here. S

no such thing here as a salary bump with cfa. in fact, cfa is a dime a dozen here - it’s not even a consideration factor when speaking to recruiters. as i always say, it’s a question of “can you afford NOT to be a cfa charterholder”?

Good point.

Where are you competing princess?

Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where are you competing princess? southeast asia.

What? Southeast Asia is full of CFAs? whodathunk?

Original CFA or local CFA?