Salary - Performance Measurement Analyst

For anyone who works in this field, what’s the salary level like for an entry level position? Thanks

depends on the firm, my guess 45-55k plus bonus on the buy side

I’ve seen $55k listed as a national median.

what city ?? Firm ??

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what city ?? Firm ?? Yeah it def depends on the location and firm size. I interviewed a few months back for a boutique Fund of Funds 40ish (US employees) and they’re range was 35-40k. Also they weren’t located in a major city.

I’ve seen job postings in Sydney, Chicago, Toronto etc. mostly with large custodians / banks. 35k seems pretty low for a job which demands CFA candidacy

Corrupted Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve seen job postings in Sydney, Chicago, Toronto > etc. mostly with large custodians / banks. > > 35k seems pretty low for a job which demands CFA > candidacy Yes it’s very low- I told them 40k, and remember I said this was a boutique firm in the boondocks. Also I should note that the one I was interviewing for was an entry level job. I’ve seen some Perf Analyst jobs listed from 50-70k for years of experience at larger firms.

for a custodian your looking @ 40 -45 k entry level …some places want lvl 1 completed

yup, I used to work in the performance measurement dept. at a custodian, 47K

I assume based on the following link that nothing in performance measurement will count towards the work experience requirement. I’m just checking if anyone has heard/done otherwise… http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/getstarted/requirements/samplejob.html

it does count if your involved in calculating the rates of return and attribution