sample exam scores

around the same, with stalla I’m scoring in high 70’s, 76-79, sample CFAI test I got a 63% and took one schweser test and got a 61. I want to get everything up to in the 70’s. You just have to get used to answering questions. If you answer enough questions there will be less surprises come exam day.

Just finished the forst mock from the cfai. Scored 77% with lots of time to spare. Ethics preaty easy. Fixed income not good.

Good job, that’s awesome

are the mocks 120 or 60 Q’s like the samples?

120 I understand…real mocks, as it were!

So is it ok/normal that were in the 60’s and stuff or is that too low at this juncture? Im trying to do 2k more schweser questions between now and test day. When answering those schweser questions, with the info just come to you after a while. I have done about 400 so far…

ive done 1200 questions and my total averga escore is 64% on qbank. not great but i feel im learning which is important…

Sample tests I got 61% and 68%… Taking the next one on Friday. Tonight Im going to soak in some more material. Quant FSA killed me both times… Although both times, I clicked on several answers I didn’t mean to input… I have a bad tendency to do this on any test… owell.

Are you sure anupamjain008? Did anyone take Boston Securities exam??

I have the BSAS practice exam (which I plan to take this weekend) and the the BSAS test bank (containing the last 3 yrs of practice exams). Their exams are challenging but from what i can see very indicative of the CFAI sampe test, even more challenging.

Took my first practice exam last night, just did the morning session of exam 1 in schweser book 6. I have not really reviewed anything yet, just read the curriculum and did end of chapter practice problems. Scored a 56% Overall, I feel decent about it, I have not yet evaluated where I did poorly or well. I think I actually did well in quant, killed ethics, and somehow got killed by corp finance. Maybe got half right in FSA… I’ll do a full evaluation tonight. Just the 3 hour exam was more grueling than I expected though.

Finished the second mock from the CFAI. Decent 70% with lots of time left. And i am a bit tired today. Overall quite happy. Got a clue on what should be my priority over these 3 weeks till exam. I also noticed that review will be the key to doing good on the real thing. I am forgeting quite simple thing which i did not touch for quite some time now.

Persistence pays off! Scored a 56% on CFAI sample 1 - 2 weeks ago Scored a 71% on CFAI sample 2 - tonight. Worked pretty hard for the 2 weeks in between. My Weak Areas to Focus: SS9, Bonds, Derivs Lets keep trucking!!

This may have been addressed before, but is the structure of the actual exam similar to most of the practices in that it follows the curriculum? Basically, will the exam questions be in the order of the books, with similar problems grouped together (ethics first, alternatives last, etc.)??? Thanks.

hofmag - yes it does follow that order.

65 on first, 78 2 days ago on second practice exam.

just took the book 6 morning exam 1 schweser and scored a 68%…i am feeling decent with that. it has reinforned the fact that i need to focus on FSA and bonds the book 6 exams definetely are more difficult than qbank, so 68 is pretty decent for me at this point. very quantitative though…

I just calculated the standard deviation of my practice exam scores… I think I need to get outside for a little while.

I don’t understand. I was scoring 80s on Q-bank. Then I did a 60Q sample and scored 74, and I was feeling pretty good. Today I did a 120Q Mock and scored a measly 56%. It was much harder than Qbank or the 60Q Sample. Is this more representative of the exam?

Freakshow Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t understand. I was scoring 80s on Q-bank. > Then I did a 60Q sample and scored 74, and I was > feeling pretty good. Today I did a 120Q Mock and > scored a measly 56%. It was much harder than > Qbank or the 60Q Sample. Is this more > representative of the exam? Im interested in this as well. The 60Qs seemed so much easier and the Schweser material is much easier as well. The actual exam was a lot more quant. intensive than I thought it to be as well.