sample exam scores

Yes, a VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE! I scored 60% on my first Schweser mock exam and 54% on the second exam today. I felt the rug was pulled from under me until I read that others are experience similar situations, which in only tells me that I need to ramp-up my studies to 10 hrs p/day. I timed myself on both exams and found myself finishing both with no time to spare…meaning making many educated guesses on certain questions. I don’t know about others here, but anxiety got the best of me today. I just need to figure out how I can retain and recall more information in my brain. At times I feel it’s overloaded!!

aarguello Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have the BSAS practice exam (which I plan to > take this weekend) and the the BSAS test bank > (containing the last 3 yrs of practice exams). > Their exams are challenging but from what i can > see very indicative of the CFAI sampe test, even > more challenging. Thanks for the info. How many questions in the test bank? How do you compare the test bank questions to schweser?

I got 58% a couple of weeks ago, 62% last week and then 62% again this weekend. So it’s going in the right direction at least! I can’t see myself getting much better than exactly borderline though

I have scored between 62% to 68% in the practice exams. Consistent performance, little “variance” but still not crossing the 70% mark.

Ive done about 65% of Qbank questions - thats many many hours of work, scoring over 70% on all topics… Then last night I take the free CFA sample exam, and I get 57%. After about 15 questions I was nearly slamming my head on the desk - scared the crap out of me. I don’t want to make excuses for myself, BUT, it might make sense to make the free mock very difficult in order to panic people (like me) in to purchasing more. Back to work

QBank questions are totolly different than the CFA questions…

most people i have spoken that have just failed the samples (high 50s to 60s) have still managed to get through the on d day. not trying to make you overconfident but they do make the samples notoriously difficult from what ive heard. i for one scored 63 56 63 in the 3 samples. will do mock 1 on saturday

jut111 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’ve taken two samples, 73 and 75. think i’m > gonna save the 3rd sample and the two mocks for a > few weeks, just kind of nervous that i’m running > out of test questions. I thoroughly wish I had this problem.

hi nice to see most people in the same boat as me. I have done 3 of the schweser papers so far (exam 1 am and pm, and ex 2 am) and scored 73, 72, 73. I guess I am pleased with these but only think I KNOW the answer to about half the questions, make an educated guess between two options on about 30%, and about 20% of the questions I’m stabbing in the dark. This is quite worrying in some ways, but I seem to be a consistent guesser if nothing else - is everyone else finding a good portion of their marks coming from slight guesses? Weak points are definately economics, bonds and options - but reviewing the entire sylabus again by next weekend and then drilling into last topics i feel I can pull some valuable marks in. Oh, and I have identified 2-3 marks from each test which are simply not reading the question properly - so frustrating (margin calculations on a short as opposed to long being the most idiotic). good luck everyone. althought not too much as i understand i need to beat 60% of you to get a pass!

Is it from the Schweser package, and online test?

Hmmm I don’t know why, but big brother deleter my last post… Long story short, I was wrong about the 54%, I actually got 67.5% (the answer key I had was messed up). Woohoo! I feel much better

I got 78% on free exam. Did 2 Schweser full mock. I feel Schweser is more difficult, which I can only reach around 70% … For the Free Exam, anyone have a full copy of questions? I was too concentrated when doing it, forgot to catch the screen …

Took the free sample today… I scored only 61%. I did really bad at Quant and Fixed income :frowning: It hit me really hard, since I was studying hard for the past months. One good thing, I got 77% on FSA and 100% on Econ and with these two I was struggling the most.

Weirdly I’m finding FI and ethics my worst sections. FSA is 3rd worst.