Sample Exam Version 2

Did anyone else write the Sample Exam Version 2? I thought I knew my stuff and did pretty good on the mock exam. I got killed on this sample exam, seems like a lot of minute details! What are your thoughts?

i got killed on 1 rather then 2. don’t get discouraged though. it was only 30 questions, so a few marks makes a big difference in the percentage. just focus on what you didn’t get right and understand the solution. the key with these sample exams is not to get practise with comparable exam questions.

But what i realise is this. The question seen on the sample exams most likely won’t show up on the exam, atleast the minute stuff like the little SMALL details on GIPs and other related questions. However, you will be sure to see OTHER small minute detail questions. Let me just say the possiblity are endless in the amount of small detailed questions they can ask.

whystudy, can you please post the answers of last 3 questions on GIPS? Appreciate it dude I am not able to open testrac site right now.

^ me neither. :slight_smile:

whystudy - afjunkie is right, just use it to chose where to focus over the next week. Don’t take that seriously.

hey, I forgot the question, but the question and I will tell you the answer.

hey, I forgot the question, but ask the question and I will tell you the answer.

What was the total return of question 29? which comment is not in compliance with his comments in question 30? Hierarchy of market value, discounted flow etc etc? I am sure answer is B but don’t have it right now and want to confirm.

28,29,30 please. It was the GIPS item set.

FWIW, I didn’t think those GIPS q’s were minutia at all (except to the extent that all of GIPS is minutia) answers requested: 28 - hierarchy of valuation methodologies would go Market Transaction, market multiples, PV of risk adjusted cash flow 29 - total return was 12.53 (nothing tricky here, you just have to know which elements go where) 30 - GIPS require that firm being verified maitain the data and info neccessary for calcs

B B and B, correct Chi Paul? Thanks

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FWIW, I didn’t think those GIPS q’s were minutia > at all (except to the extent that all of GIPS is > minutia) > > answers requested: > > 28 - hierarchy of valuation methodologies would go > Market Transaction, market multiples, PV of risk > adjusted cash flow > > 29 - total return was 12.53 (nothing tricky here, > you just have to know which elements go where) > > 30 - GIPS require that firm being verified maitain > the data and info neccessary for calcs Yea, I agree that basically anything in GIPS is somewhat minutia. but some other questions are definitely just trick questions. even the one about core satalite i found it was like a trick. the core’s benchmark is different from the investors benchmark. eventhough i got it right, but seem like such a good answer too

and how about the fee structure one for limited partners!

^ Carried interest is on the profit above the last portfolio value and not on any inflows.

wow you know your stuff!! i remember seeing your name on here last year as well. = )

whystudy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wow you know your stuff!! i remember seeing your > name on here last year as well. = ) seeing my name, where?

i have seen you on this forum since leve 2! and level 3 last year.

I am taking level 3 first time this year and last time. Must be someone else…

scored 76% on this! could have been higher if it wasn’t for some obvious mistakes.