Sample question from exam review

I tried those free sample exam from ExamReview (one of the ads above, the one with the lady) What is the answer to Q5? It’s about A getting nonpublic material information, pass it to B, and then both are not trading and waiting for the information to get public. Anyone violating?

sticky, you’ve done a lot of mock exams, how do you feel? i’ve done some samples and mock, still not too confident, more effort required…

not confident. low rate. Hope to lift my marks through high ethics rate.

i found ethics hard to nail down as well, very detailed, can never remember that much…

sticky, you seem to be studying online 24/7, you’re at work or not?

on study leave.

all the way up too exam?

my original question. anyone?

A violate by passing it on to B

ryanunsw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A violate by passing it on to B agreed

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ryanunsw Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > A violate by passing it on to B > > > agreed actually it says “cause others to act”… so i dunno, but i would say violation

it’s a violation to pass the info on whether others use it or not. once the cat is out of the bag, who knows how it could be used? CFAI expects you to put a lid on any material nonpublic info you happen to come by.

I agree A has violation. How about B? Although he is not trading on that info, he has not done anything to make that info public. Violation?

it’s the recommended procedure, but I don’t think it’s a violation…B is not trading or cause others to trade on the NPI

ryanunsw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it’s the recommended procedure, but I don’t think > it’s a violation…B is not trading or cause > others to trade on the NPI just want to bring this up again. You get material nonpublic info but you just do nothing to it. Violation?

You have to try convinse the person to make it public if possible, otehrwise you can go to your comp officer/supervisor if it relates to your firm’s handling. if not it if it has to do with some X comp in z coutnry that no one has heard about, easiest thing to do would be to just keep it to yourself. if you pass it on to someone it would certainly be a violation since you cannot predict someone’s intention to act on it.