Sample Questions

So I was just reading through the sample questions and thinking, “Gee, this is pretty hard.” Then I realized I was looking at the Level 2 questions. Looking at the sample Level 1 questions I was almost embarrassed with how easy they seemed.

Are you talking about the questions from the CAIA website?

Yep. I don’t think this is going to be a very difficult test. Even the schweser practice tests don’t seem very difficult.

@ChicTikka, How much are you scoring? The questions are not really hard but I am not particularly good at memorizing facts/data. There is a lot of stuff to be memorized which I hare. I am scoring about 60% on Uppermark!

I haven’t done uppermark but I’m in the 80s on schweser. I read the material through very carefully about three times. Made flash cards for the equations. Memorized those. Voila!

I’ve done all the schweser mocks and got 83 percent on each paper- weird!

I scored 88% on Schweser book 3 exam 1 this weekend - took me about an hour and 15 mins to complete the 200 questions. I haven’t really “studied hard” yet. I agree that is almost seems too easy.

I’m kind of worried we are being lured into a false sense of security-does anyone know how representative these mocks are?

When I took L1 last year, the actual test was eerily similar to many of Uppermark’s mock/testbank questions. It was almost as if they were written by the same people. The questions do seem to be designed to be answered very quickly unless it’s a multi-step calculation.

ATH are you taking level II this year?

ccs297 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ATH are you taking level II this year? Yes, I’m taking L2 on Sat 9/25. Thought about taking it in March 2010 but it would have interfered with my CFA L2 studies. I’m glad I took the extra six months “off” from any CAIA material.

Good luck, I’m sitting for CAIA I on the 24th. Got shot down CFA level II this year band 10.