Sample Skewness on a BAII Plus

Does anyone have the steps for coumputing this in a BAII Plus? Thanks in advance

1. enter the given returns using the DATA function 2. use the STAT on the TI pro to find out the standard deviation and mean 3. use the store (STD) and recall (RCL) to calculate the deviation, example Year Returns 2000 14.8% 2001 4.5% 2002 33.3% Let us say the mean is 11.64% and standard deviation is 13.65% 11.64 STD 1 CE/C 14.8 - RCL 1 = 3.16 y^x 3 =31.55 one by one slove for rest of the deviation(s). use the formula to find skewness I would be glad is someone can post a better way to solve this problem.

Thanks!

It is extremely unlikely that they will have us calc skewness…rather they will focus on Excess Skewness, just know k-3

Hey, great! I didn’t even know I could calculate the mean, Std dev, etc, so easily. THANKS!

Northeastern Student Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is extremely unlikely that they will have us > calc skewness…rather they will focus on Excess > Skewness, just know k-3 are you trying to confuse eveyone confusing skewness and kurtosis?

sry everyone…did not realize at the time