San Fran Desks

Do all the major banks have institutional FX/Bond desks in San Fran ?

No.

not fx/bonds, but hash pipes and rainbows are centrailized there.

yes

We have a lot of FI/Deriv/Equity/FX desks there for asian clients

Once again, the consensus on AF is clear. mar350 - We’ve got a hash dealing leprechaun out of NY, might be some opportunity to work with the SF desks.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 - We’ve got a hash dealing leprechaun out > of NY, might be some opportunity to work with the > SF desks. love it - let’s take this thing GLOBAL

Yes, with all the usual suspects, except for some reason calling it “San Fran” annoys the locals. They prefer “Frisco.”

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, with all the usual suspects, except for some > reason calling it “San Fran” annoys the locals. > They prefer “Frisco.” ^I hope that is a joke. “Frisco” sounds like some type of funky cocktail one would order in a Castro bar (Assuming here, generally steer clear of that area). “San Fran” or simply “SF” please. You’ll get weird looks saying “Frisco”. -SF Local

Actually, “Frisco” is what it is commonly called. “SF,” yeah, but “San Fran?” Get outta here.

Funny SF story: first time I ever went there I was taking the BART from downtown to the mission and asked like 5 people which direction to get on. Literally nobody knew because nobody was from there. I saw a dude dressed as a clown and asked him. Sure enough, he was a “Frisco”/“San Fran”/“SF”/“whatever” local and directed me down the correct route.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did you also ask the F-Line trolley driver if he was going to Fisherman’s Wharf?