SAT/SATII scores on resume?

Seems like a simple question but I’ve heard some mixed responses. What is the consensus here? Does it depend on what type of job you’re applying for or depend how good your scores were? I know someone who just got a front office job doing PE and she said definitely put it on. BTW I am 2 years out of undergrad. Thanks in advance.

Two years out I’d say no. I’ve seen resumes for kids coming straight out of ugrad with their SAT scores but nothing beyond that.

Disclose if asked, or if you need to prove intelligence due to other holes in the resume.

Where does it end? Disclose Standardized tests when you were in 6th grade? It has no place in a professional resume.

i agree with all of you guys and this is the advicee ive been hearing for years ever since i developed a resume my freshman yr of college (even then they said dont include any HS stuff)…but like i said someone i know who is “very in the know” and who get resume reviewed by some ppl said to definitely include so i was second guessing

I put average length and diameter of my previous bowel movement on my resume. By the sarcasm of my post you should know my stance.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I put average length and diameter of my previous > bowel movement on my resume. > Is that below or above the picture of you winning the Little League Championship?

i’ve seen people applying for quant positions who would post their GRE 800/800 scores before, very very tacky.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I put average length and diameter of my > previous > > bowel movement on my resume. > > > > > > Is that below or above the picture of you winning > the Little League Championship? It is before the “ran a 5k marathon” entry but after the little league entry. However, the first entry on the resume is “birth.”

760+ GMAT maybe.

I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’ve seen people applying for quant positions who > would post their GRE 800/800 scores before, very > very tacky. i thought GRE went to 1600/1600? i know that reduces to 800/800 and that GMAT 800/800 is good, but WTF does a 800/800 GRE stand for?

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i’ve seen people applying for quant positions > who > > would post their GRE 800/800 scores before, > very > > very tacky. > > i thought GRE went to 1600/1600? > > i know that reduces to 800/800 and that GMAT > 800/800 is good, but WTF does a 800/800 GRE stand > for? on quant portion 800/800

If you apply for a job straight from Ugrad, then it’s not going to hurt your chance to disclose it on your resume (same thing if you just graduated from MBA). But after you gain some experience, it’s silly to put how high your SAT/GMAT score in your resume and it just shows that you’re uncomfortable about your prior achievements.

I also put down I was class president for Grade 5.

I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > i’ve seen people applying for quant positions > > who > > > would post their GRE 800/800 scores before, > > very > > > very tacky. > > > > i thought GRE went to 1600/1600? > > > > i know that reduces to 800/800 and that GMAT > > 800/800 is good, but WTF does a 800/800 GRE > stand > > for? > > > on quant portion 800/800 I wouldn’t put an 800 quant score as the first line on my resume, but what’s wrong in including that as one line in your ‘any other information’ section? Something like: - Volunteered at X for 2 years. - Speak fluent French and Spanish - attainted 800/800 in GRE quant. I think it’s fine in a context like that.

It would catch my eye if I was on a resume. If it were high enough I’d note it for someone with 0-1 years out of undergrad. >+2 years it just looks bad. The standard advice our career folks gave when I was coming out of my MBA program was to put your GMAT score on if it was >+700. But this was while we were still in school. Once you have your first real job coming out of school (undergrad or grad) then standardized test scores don’t matter.

Carson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sublimity Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > i’ve seen people applying for quant > positions > > > who > > > > would post their GRE 800/800 scores before, > > > very > > > > very tacky. > > > > > > i thought GRE went to 1600/1600? > > > > > > i know that reduces to 800/800 and that GMAT > > > 800/800 is good, but WTF does a 800/800 GRE > > stand > > > for? > > > > > > on quant portion 800/800 > > > I wouldn’t put an 800 quant score as the first > line on my resume, but what’s wrong in including > that as one line in your ‘any other information’ > section? > > Something like: > - Volunteered at X for 2 years. > - Speak fluent French and Spanish > - attainted 800/800 in GRE quant. > > I think it’s fine in a context like that. it’s still ridiculous this way, plus it’s not that uncommon so who cares.

Well I think it puts you in the 95th percentile or something like that. That implies that your basic quants skills and mental arithmetic is well above the norm. By definition a percentile score on any standaridised test above 90% is not common and therefore is a reaonable point to highlight on your CV. Clearly if you have a Phd in Phyics and have been working as a senior quant analyst for 10 years, it will be assumed that you have excellent numerical skills. If you are 3 years out of college with a business undergrad and working in a standard finance role, then there need be no assumption that you possess such skills and as such it may be worthwhile to have it on your CV. Of course that is for GRE quant. SAT is probably even less relevant. but I don’t see how it’ll hurt you if you got a very high score and put it down on your resume.

I would only put this down on my resume if I was applying for a masters degree related to mathematics

I have yet to see someone applying to quant jobs with less than an 800 for GRE Math. It’s not a very difficult test. The verbal section, on the other hand…