Schweser Book 5

So I am finally going to start Schweser Book 5 over the weekend, took a peak at it and realise there’s a lot of stuff in there. Just trying to gauge how long it takes on average to cover that book…any ideas ppl? Want to start planning my revision schedule so wanted to know a rough estimate. Thanks!

First reading is not crazy, and GIPS is annoying but not crazy either. The middle part is what bogs me down (performance evaluation).

performance evaluation is nasty bro, its the nastiest thing Ive ever seen in a CFA book.

Hmmm would u guys say that 5 full days of studying is enough to cover book 5? Or more is necessary?

You probably need at least 5 days with GIPS where 1 day = 8 hours.

Wow ok…i guess i better buck up then…else i will not have time for revision and doing past exam papers

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > performance evaluation is nasty bro, its the > nastiest thing Ive ever seen in a CFA book. Amen. I barely made a dent into the Global Peformance evaluation chapter. It might be the 1st subject I ever had to punt.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > performance evaluation is nasty bro, its the > nastiest thing Ive ever seen in a CFA book. +1000 I’m hoping it gets put in the morning session so I can snag some partial credit.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > performance evaluation is nasty bro, its the > > nastiest thing Ive ever seen in a CFA book. > > > +1000 > > I’m hoping it gets put in the morning session so I > can snag some partial credit. F’ that. I’m hoping to see it in the afternoon sessoin so I have a chance by guessing “C”.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bpdulog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > wake2000 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > performance evaluation is nasty bro, its the > > > nastiest thing Ive ever seen in a CFA book. > > > > > > +1000 > > > > I’m hoping it gets put in the morning session so > I > > can snag some partial credit. > > F’ that. I’m hoping to see it in the afternoon > sessoin so I have a chance by guessing “C”. Most likely it’s gonna be a decomposition problem that requires a ton of calcs. I rather explain what is trying to be accomplished by conducting the attribution analysis.