Schweser Book 7

Have anyone attempted Book 7? It seems that the questions are harder than Book 6 and require more calculations. I am having troubles finishing the exam in the allocated time!

book 7 is a pain in the a@#…I just went through the grueling process and its definitely a confidence crusher. The questions are extremely wordy…I’m still trying to decide if I should continue doing the exams or just focus on something else.

is this book the one with the title Schweser Practice Exams?

no, its an extra purchase. Definitly deflating from a confidence perspective. Some of the FSA questions are good though–make you think a bit. But a lot of it is very obscure.

The Practice Exam book is a separate book. It doesnt have anything that says Book 7. So is it the Book 7 that everyone is talking about? It only says Practice Exams book.

Most of the questions requires calculation. It is impossible to finish within 90 seconds for each. I agree with showtyme, it make you lose your confidence. Are there alot of differences when compare Book 6 & 7 with the real exams?

Quote: The Practice Exam book is a separate book. It doesnt have anything that says Book 7. So is it the Book 7 that everyone is talking about? It only says Practice Exams book. The Book 7 is actually the practice Exam book. Yeah, I should described the book as ‘The Practice Exam’ book.

Thanks alot for your clarification. I just got hold of the book. However, after reading all these, I probably shldnt spend time on it.

Book 7 is the Practice exam book - yes it is harder than the real exam. Book 6 is closer to the real exam. I speak from realtively good authority have passed all three levels and working as a CFA tutor.

so Trom, would you say it’s a good use of time to take the book 7 exams at this point. I took some because it has a lot of 2-column type questions, which I heard there’s a lot of that on the exam.

Trom - you’re a CFA tutor? may i ask who you tutor for? and yeh, i found book7 heaps heaps harder, but thats not to say it wont provide any value in doing the questions… if it forces you to think ‘differently’ about certain topics, then its worth it…