Schweser dilemma

I am going to buy a few of the Schweser products today and need some advice. Is there a sufficient number of practice questions in the Study Notes, or should I buy the SchweserPro Q-bank as well. I am pretty well versed in the material and don’t need anything too excessive, but I would like a few questions relating to each LOS. I appologize if this has been addressed in the past, but there are just too may posts about Schweser to perform any kind of productive search. Thanks in advance!

I think Q bank would be sufficient for you.

Gkiel, assuming you can both eat and purchase the Qbank, I would wholeheartedly recommend this option. It’s got 4000+ questions, and you can create your own exams (in terms of # of questions, difficulty level, and topics covered). The reason that I didn’t do as well as I should’ve on Level I (although I miraculously passed) was that I didn’t figure out how to use the Qbank until early May (never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer).

The Q Bank is huge! I find it extremely useful to reinforce my studying…

I say get it. I don’t know if I’m going to bother with the schweser notes, but I do know that I will be purchasing the Q-bank.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I chose to buy the Notes and Q-bank. It was $150 more than just the notes, but I think it will be well worth it. Better to be safe than having to retake in June!

Just a quick Qbank-related technical question. I know a lot of people have mentioned that you can change the difficulty level of the customized tests. How do you actually do that? I just go to Test Mgmt -> Create new exam and then select the coverage and the weights of the different topics (equal weighting vs default percentages). I don’t see a difficulty level option though. Am I missing something? thanks.

This is what I see directly below the topic weighting (equal weighting vs. CFA Institute Topic Area Weighting) choice on mine Q bank: Choose Question Pool Difficulty of Unused Questions: Advanced, Intermediate, and Basic Questions Advanced Questions Only Intermediate Questions Only Basic Questions Only Previously Incorrect Questions

I don’t see that on mine. Thanks, Bodymore.

those options have a default option selected and are below the Choose Weighting Option