Schweser Essential or Premium?

I got the essential for L1 and I plan on doing so for L2. But do the video cd’s warrant an extra $300-$400?

Go for the premium. Schweser is good stuff. I’ll know if it worked for me in 3 weeks.

I watched a few of my friends videos and would say they are definitely worth it. They proved a good summary and often times a different way to think about a topic. I will probably get the premium for LIII (assuming I pass on the 19th).

Stalla videos > Schweser videos

Too expensive. Their study notes are great, but everything else they try to sell you up on is just a repackaging of the same material. Not worth it to me…I’ll stick w/ the notes pack.

Level II or Level III materials remains a more pertinent question for most of us.

learn2stackflows Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Too expensive. Their study notes are great, but > everything else they try to sell you up on is just > a repackaging of the same material. Not worth it > to me…I’ll stick w/ the notes pack. ditto

I got the CDs for level I figuring I’d listen during my commute - bad idea unless you like falling asleep in rush hour. Level II didn’t get CDs or videos, don’t think it’s worth it.

after using peter olinto’s stalla lectures for level 1(not bob stalla’s sections yuck), i couldn’t stand the schweser ones

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > after using peter olinto’s stalla lectures for > level 1(not bob stalla’s sections yuck), i > couldn’t stand the schweser ones Slash, how many of the L2SS have Olinto? FSA? what else?

map1, i wish i knew. for level 1 he covered at least FSA and equity valuations. his FSA review was amazing. i was reconsidering even writing level 1 after a read of FSA in schweser but after watching the video lecture FSA became my strength. i ended up scoring above 70 someone here knows what’s covered by olinto for level 2

I watched the Schweser Video CDs for Level I but did not particularly like them nor did I feel that they helped in understanding much. Being that there is a so much time between now and June 2009, I was thinking about getting the Premium Solution so that I could force myself to go through the material at least once well before the test date by watching CDs/online. I ended up cramming for Level I during the last few weeks prior to the exam which was not exactly a pleasant experience. So I think in general, especially if your firm covers it, it might make sense to get the premium solution just to get a jump start. Not to thread jack, but I was hoping some of you guys who had a little more experience with these products might be able to help me out. Would you guys recommend getting the prerecorded video CDs or the live online course? Thanks in advance.

you don’t need any of that extra stuff…just go through the study notes very thoroughly and do the questionbank to get the concepts…everything else will have little marginal benefit…