Schweser Exams Vol 2

After reading many comments about using Schweser Practice Exams Volume 2 as a coaster I decided to find out for myself. Perhaps this was true for earlier editions of Vol 2, but now it’s on the same level as the other practice exams. To illustrate my scores: Vol 1 Ex 1 AM: 72% Vol 1 Ex 1 PM: 83% CFA Sample 1: 73% Vol 2 Ex 1 AM: 75% So I highly suggest taking advantage of this book. Cheers.

I completely agree! The 2008 schweser volume 2 was out of this world, they’ve made it a whole lot easier this year which is more in line of what to expect come exam day.

Thank you very much for confirming this regarding Vol 2. I was planning to skip it but now will give it a try.

Thanks. Now I need to shop for a new coaster.

i am solving volume 2 subject by subject ,in exam 1 morning i solved ETHICS 74 % FRA 84 % Sorry for the naive question but to those who solved this exam is this grades are ok ,or the exam is just too easy ???

Good information, I was planning on skipping Volume 2. I will give it a try last week or May.

From my experience (I am a band 10) the AM paper in December 2008 was WAY easier than the schweser exams, but then the PM exam was a little harder than schweser. If you’re hitting a solid 75 on schweser, you should be golden. I was averaging 65 last time and am a band 10, so it’s pretty accurate in my opinion.

Just bought Volumen 1. Really didn’t think I could justify spending another 180 bucks when I already have the Q-Bank, but I don’t want to deprive myself of any potential advantages it may give.

I didn’t take the exam last year, so my input is limited to this year’s materials. I took the Vol 1 exams 1 & 2 am & pm and then vol 2 exam 1 AM and feel vol 2’s first test was a little bit harder. Nothing outrageous, but a little more difficult than vol 1

Vol 1 Ex 1 AM: 66%. Missed some easy questions! Stupid!!!

Vol 2 Ex 1 PM 66%

***Changes**** Vol 2 Ex 1 AM: 66%. Missed some easy questions! Stupid!!! ***Changes****

vol 2. 1am 69% considering that i completely skipped options and income taxes, i would call this a miracle. my breakdown was ethics 84% quants 64% econ 67% FRA & corp fin 64% (ouch… i was an accounting major) PM 100% valuation 64% (wtf i work in equities!!)

I am a bit confused about this Vol 2 issue. My books are copyrighted in 2008 for the June 2009 exam (since I bought mine in November of 2008). This Volume 2 is ridiculously hard, must more than the Volume 1, and I’m scoring around 67% now (I was in the 70s and 80s on Volume 1). Should I be worried about this drop at all, or is this common?

^ Same with me, I’m finding Vol. 2 very very tough…I also have the 2008 copyright

quickdip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am a bit confused about this Vol 2 issue. My > books are copyrighted in 2008 for the June 2009 > exam (since I bought mine in November of 2008). > This Volume 2 is ridiculously hard, must more than > the Volume 1, and I’m scoring around 67% now (I > was in the 70s and 80s on Volume 1). Should I be > worried about this drop at all, or is this common? I started the vol 2 exams and also found the questions a bit tougher, it also took me a bit longer than three hours to complete the exams. Is anyone else finding it difficult to complete the vol 2 exams in 3 hours? My score for Vol 2 are range from 72 - 80.

I finished both parts in 4 hours today Book 2 Exam 3. 84AM, 77PM. I am feeling pretty ok about the test at this point.

yea you’re solid

Schweser VOL - 2, AM - 68% Cant seem to go above the 60% mark in FSA. Will take a Volume 1 full length test this saturday and report…