Schweser Exams

Schweser exams really bug me and here is an example. The last vignette in the morning session of exam 2 - volume 2 is on derivateves and goes deep into the alternatives that will replicate swaps and caps and floors, etc. This is overkill!! I got over 70% in L2 derivatives last year and barely knew the mechanics of a floor and cap. These are not areas of emphasis and I am sick of wasting my time fighting through these vignettes that go way overboard on a relatively obscure topic. Anyone else have these sentiments?

Yes

No. just kidding. of course Yes.

another thing…out of the 4000 questions on qbank… I think that at least 200 ask you to calculate the required rate of return using CAPM…come on…if you are at level 2, you know this…maybe 1 or 2 q refresher but not that many…

I’m literally going insane at work right now because of book 7… there is no one around, but if there was, I’d be fired immediately.

Schweser book 1 test 3 is out of control, and then book 2 gets worse. Its ridiculous.

It depends on what you want out of the Schweser exams. Schweser’s exams are not a very realistic proxy for the actual exam. However, I think by getting your butt kicked on the details, you are forced to understand the basics. I think Schweser’s exams are a valuable learning/preparation tool, but not indicative of the actual exam.

I would have preferred a QBank from CFA or 10 mocks from CFA. That would do it.

Elixerseven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m literally going insane at work right now > because of book 7… there is no one around, but > if there was, I’d be fired immediately. Don’t violate THE CODE.

DraymondGreen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Schweser exams really bug me and here is an > example. The last vignette in the morning session > of exam 2 - volume 2 is on derivateves and goes > deep into the alternatives that will replicate > swaps and caps and floors, etc. This is > overkill!! I got over 70% in L2 derivatives last > year and barely knew the mechanics of a floor and > cap. These are not areas of emphasis and I am > sick of wasting my time fighting through these > vignettes that go way overboard on a relatively > obscure topic. > > Anyone else have these sentiments? I guess I’m the odd man out but I think this is just the kind of deep, conceptual question CFAI would ask.