Schweser Level 2 videos

Is anyone using schweser level 2 videos this year? how are they? I got the videos for level 1 but never ended up using them. Not sure if i should spend $ for the level 2 videos this year!!! Thanks

they read the slides on the cd - and do not have the time to explain anything. not worth the money if you ask me.

i found equity, FI and Derivartives good so far… haven’t tried FSA yet…for Quant / Econ i did not use the videos…

move slowely and cover less information posted in schweser notes. waste of time… although a nice trick is to - explore cd, and extract the WMedia file and speed up the video on your own for faster review.

the econ / corp lady is good. the fsa guy is horribly boring and doesn’t explain things well. quant was ok, but not great. that’s all i’ve watched so far. i just went stalla’s SS6 last night with olinto, and it was exponentially better than schweser’s. olinto was more interactive, which i liked.

so i’m debating what to do today. i finished up SS15 yesterday. i haven’t done any videos but was out late last night and part of me says turn one on today for FI to review or maybe one in equity or FSA and take a little breather before I go head first into derivs to finish the reading portion of my studies. any others have comments on the videos and which, if any, are pretty worthwhile from schweser vs which ones are taught poorly? how long are they also? a few hours each? my sense is i’m going to have a little review day today and move into the derivs portion of my adventure starting this coming week.

I just started using them last week on the Equity section. I think it should be used as a supplement and for review purposes. It’s not as detailed as the Notes but if you have read the notes already, it “hammers” down some key points. Therefore, I think it is worth while to use it if you have time.

i watch them while doing cardio so i dont feel guilty about not using that time to study they’re pretty good, i like the stalla videos far better than schweser

I have used Schweser for ethics and quant thus far. The instructor seems a little rushed but there haven’t been any tough concepts. I look at it as a high level overview before I get into the nuts and bolts. He does point out key areas for testing. I am very curious about videos for corp fin, FSA, equities and derivatives. The level 1 instructor for FSA was very good. I hope it is the same guy.

Im really surprised by these reviews - I have been using the videos as a main source of learning and they have worked great for me. I watch short sections, then go over it in the notes, and then answer some practice questions. I find it helps me move faster through the material but that my recall is still good.

I’ve used schweser vids and find them helpful, if nothing else when you are tired of reading and looking at words it offers a nice change of media.

I like them. FSA is a bit of a disaster. The english bloke teaching the class is no John Harris…

not as useful as it was for level 1

I found it to be good. Love Andrew Holmes, clever guy. thank god he is doing all hard parts: quants, derivatives, portf Susan the lady tells good stories, but all her chapters, I have to review notes and examples to enhance understanding. The guy for equity / alternative is a disaster !!! he should be removed. however I found equity is quite straight forward in level 2. actually the 2 british blokes are fine, much better than their performance in level 1. I actually got good understanding of pension from video. So far, I depend a lot on video and finished them already. Notes are for supporting when I stuck. Finished 7 Qbank tests all 60 questions so far with most advanced questions. Hit 72% on average. Will run out of advanced questions soon … While still some understandings need to be burnt in. Share some good strategy guys.

QQ

crusher33 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just started using them last week on the Equity > section. I think it should be used as a > supplement and for review purposes. It’s not as > detailed as the Notes but if you have read the > notes already, it “hammers” down some key points. > Therefore, I think it is worth while to use it if > you have time. Yes. Read a section then go back and watch the videos or what not. They are great for review.

eh… i watched my 1st video today, SS17 and to be honest, i was extremely underwhelmed. they literally just read off of the slides. not that seeing an extra example or 2 is a bad thing, it’s not, but some of the slides don’t even see a full problem through to completion (i think it was the currency swap that they just kind of said you’d do XYZ but then never do it out). i’m on the CPK train in terms of my review of their quality after 1 study session. not impressed. i think my time will be better spent doing q-bank and end of chapter CFAI questions for the next month or so.