Schweser Live mock exam

Does anyone know if morning session is in essay format? How is it scored after the test and do you think the live mock exam resembles the real CFA exam? I have to decide if I’ll take it. I need the experience with the essay part of the exam, but I’m not sure if I’ll be ready to take an exam on May 21th. How do you prepare for the essay part? Thanks.

Seriously? Well done, sir.

In all seriousness, morning session is always the written section. It is not necessarily essay format, more of a guideline approach. Look at the CFA samples given to see the guideline answers they give to get a better view. You should aim to write in bullet point format though. I imagine Schweser will give an exam that resembles the actual look and feel of the exam, so I suspect their AM section will be like CFA’s.

Just checked out the site: http://www.schweser.com/cfa/products/2daymock_exam.php? "Live Mock Exam A Complete 6-hour Mock CFA® exam The Schweser Mock Exam is as close to the actual CFA® exam in content and difficulty as we can make it – fully proctored to replicate the pressure of exam day. Reserve your place now to get real practice and valuable feedback! * Fully proctored live exam * 3-hour morning and 3-hour afternoon sections * CFA Institute topic weightings * Grading key and answer explanations * Performance analysis by topic area * Your score relative to other candidates "

zazu11 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone know if morning session is in essay > format? How is it scored after the test and do you > think the live mock exam resembles the real CFA > exam? I have to decide if I’ll take it. > I need the experience with the essay part of the > exam, but I’m not sure if I’ll be ready to take an > exam on May 21th. > How do you prepare for the essay part? > Thanks. zazu pitts from Sycamore street youre wack son

I was asking for Schweser Live mock, don’t understand where all the fun comes from. Anyway. Thanks for the answers, mp2438.

I took the Schweser live mock last year for level 2 and thought it was harder than the actual exam. It helped me out immensely and I am taking it again on May 21 for Level 3. It is identical to the actual exam in terms of format (essay in AM and multiple choice in PM). Well worth the money in my opinion, and I am not even a Schweser user.

mcap, could you elaborate on the whole “graded against eachother” claim? How do they grade the essay right then and there? This particular part is what intrigues me (have never done the live mock, only their book exams which are generally quite useful). Is the live mock really any different than just being another exam out of their books? Thanks

You grade yourself - they give you an answer key at the end and you also have access to the website where you can input your answers/scores and it will let you know how you ranked versus others who input their scores.

self reporting bias me thinks

bias for morning session only; i still think it is worth the $49

Thank you. I regitered yesterday. I will have the experience with the Live Mock after 21 May :). For the previous levels I thought that it’s not of much use at least for me, but now I need to have the experience with the essay format for L3 and the timing for the morning session.