Schweser mock results

What a sh1t show. AM 50 PM 68

AM: 54% PM: 70% (overall 62%) Was a bit shocked to find out that you can earn most points already with the “individual” part (Q3 in the AM part) by just writing down the formula. This is something i still need to focus on (since i didnt learn any of those formulas, but are able to apply them), just as correctly writing an IPS! And it was scary that you have to have the “above average / below average” in the AM section correct to have your explanation scored. Especially because this is mostly guessing and you can have decent reasons for making that guess. Have to say that during the exam I was maybe too relaxed; no hard questions at all and done with AM in 135 minutes and with PM in 105 minutes. But giving the correct answer format is still tricky (hence; my score of just 54% in the morning part). Two more weeks of studying to do! The results motivated me to pick it up again (since i was feeling too confident and was getting lazy).

Just finished AM and got CRUSHED with a 58% Left the last question blank and had no clue on the currency problem

And I am clearly writing too much according to the answer key.

based on schweser responses the AM sessions should take about 30 minutes. pretty amazing how short they are.

AM 65 PM 67 Was really suprised by how hard it was

sounds like i shouldnt spend time on it

this is online or live? how is AM graded? tks

How do I find it on my Schweser account? I have paid for it but can’t seem to find the link.

i took the AM section at the location and took the PM section home with me AM was brutal, only 2-3 questions that I knew completely I need to read SS4 10,000 more times before the exam

pfcfaataf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this is online or live? how is AM graded? > tks Try www.schwesermock.com Answer keys are given after finishing the exam.

is it worth taking this? and do they provide detailed answer with reading references

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is it worth taking this? and do they provide > detailed answer with reading references I think it was worth it (did the live version today) because i learnt a lot. You will get an answer sheet for the open questions with explanation how to calculate your score (2 points if you mention this, 3 if you calculate that right). The MC part you can enter online afterwards and you get an explanation also online (similar to QBank).

$49 for mock?

AM 56% PM 68%

83% on AM session. Core capital killed me otherwise it would have been a lot better. I am still not 100% with the terminology on that question and if it is even correct. They gave the desired real spending amount. So the discount should have been at the full nominal rate. Increase at 1.03 for inflation divide by 1.05 or 1.03/1.05 ~.981 real discount rate. They multiplied by inflation and still divided by the real risk free rate of 1.02. I really need to reread that portion. It is on every Schweser mock and the way they write it is completely different to the book.

Can someone please compare difficulty to CFAI samples and CFAI mock? Thanks

muffin09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can someone please compare difficulty to CFAI > samples and CFAI mock? Thanks Very similar. The return requirement in the first problem was significantly more difficult and time consuming than in the CFA Exams I have taken so far. 2004, 2007-2009. I was very impressed with that question it was very intuitive to being able to handle any situation on the exam. Also, it provided very little guidance which I think is similar to how CFA institute would do it. Time for me was only 1:15, sure would be nice if we could use computers on the exam…

Any comparison to BSAS? I just completed that one today.

AM: 65% PM: 70% Would have killed AM if it weren’t for losing 36 points between Questions 3 and 4. On a side note, I disagree with some of Schweser’s ethical answers… like how changing benchmarks from S&P500 to something else violates loyalty. The vignette said it used the S&P500 for all it’s portfolios - not that it required it. BLAH