Schweser Mocks and Analyst Notes.....

So I’ve been scoring in a range that seems acceptable on the Mock exams, last one was 76% and avg 71%.

I just went into the Analystnotes review questions and I’m still getting a lot of those wrong…I feel like I have a decent lock on the material, been through lots of Schweser questions, and many of the CFAI EOC questions.

Why are the Analystnotes questions so darn tricky, and is this what I should expect on the real exam? If so…I’m screwed lol.

I wouldn’t worry about Analyst Notes. They are not on the CFA Prep Provider program and I highly doubt their material is up to date for the 2012 content. If you’re scoring 70+ on Schweser mocks consistently you’re in with a very good shot.

thanks Cinderella, thats good to hear…I think I’ll probably just focus on going over the CFAI book problems again and forget about Analyst Notes. I’m also taking the last week of May off.

anyone else have thoughts?

I also find the Analyst notes questions really tricky and difficult. I am regretting paying the 69$ for them- their mock exam weighting is all screwed up (34 FRA questions!!!) I feel I am in the same boat as you w.r.t schweser results. I am scoring mid 70s to low 80s. Not too fussed about the analyst notes scores though- i dont think that I am going to look at them from here on out- I would rather do the CFAI EOC questions…again.

yeah, thats my thoughts Saffa…CFAI EOC again for me as well.

Forgive my ignorance but what are the CFAI EOC questions?

CFAI curricullum End of Chapter questions.

That’s what I was assuming they were but I haven’t even looked at the CFAI material. Just schweser stuff. Maybe I should???

If you have time I definitely would. The question structure is different, sometimes tougher in my opinion.

Downloading them now. Seems like a good play. Thanks!

thegeneral101… Did you ever manage to do the Sample Tests($40 ones) that we were chatting about on the other thread?

thegeneral101… Did you ever manage to do the Sample Tests($40 ones) that we were chatting about on the other thread?

I haven’t yet, still at work today. Probably going to purchase them tomorrow evening.