Schweser mocks vs actual exam

For L2, Schweser had problems that were inherently harder, but CFAI problems were harder to understand… got about similar marks on both mocks though

When I did L2, Schweser ignored entirely a section that appeared on the actual exam.

That’s why you sort your notes by LOS (Evernote makes it very easy) when you study. Near the end, go through and find which of your notes are blank and read those sections in the CFAI books.

Which is one of the reasons I’ve never done my primary studying from anything except the CFAI curriculum.

The results for CFAL1 came out on 28 th Jan.Thus i was left with only 4 months to study for the CFAL2 exam.Being short on time i decided to study from schweser primarily and do CFAI Eocs.It is now too late for me to study CFAI books just 40 days before the exam.

I am planning to concentrate on 95% of the syllabus that schweser covers and ignore the rest 5%.

Make sure you know Schweser cold.

Thanks FT.

I will sure do the same.

I read it 5 times from A to Z (no joke). It came to a point where I could tell you what page (within a 25 page range) a particular topic was on.

5 times looks impossible for me now.However 2-3 times is surely on the cards.