Schweser Mocks vs CFAI

I’ve been taking the schweser mocks and find that I’m exceeding 3 hours for each session… The questions are quite rigorous an involve a fair bit of calculations. I was averaging 2-3 minutes for some of the questions How does this compare with the real CFA exam… ? Would it be more conceptual or rigorous?

Same here buddy…I have been exceeding in the beginning but if I do i really fast then I am able just to complete it, not with great accuracy though as I think time is really not enough. I took one mock yesterday and couldn’t complete 15 questions in the morning session but after noon session finished on time. Today, one more and repeated the same. Morning, I couldn’t complete 5 questions and afternoon completed all but just on time. I am surprised how people are posting that they are able to finish exams in 2 hours. Are actual exams not this calculation intensive.

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same here buddy…I have been exceeding in the > beginning but if I do i really fast then I am able > just to complete it, not with great accuracy > though as I think time is really not enough. > I took one mock yesterday and couldn’t complete 15 > questions in the morning session but after noon > session finished on time. Today, one more and > repeated the same. Morning, I couldn’t complete 5 > questions and afternoon completed all but just on > time. > > I am surprised how people are posting that they > are able to finish exams in 2 hours. Are actual > exams not this calculation intensive. I have heard that Schweser mocks are far too calculation intensive than Elan, CFA mock and actual exam. Try CFA mock and see if time is enough.

Not only schweser mocks are calculation intensive but also they are verbose. Since you take longer time to read and understand the quesiton, you will be left with very less time for calculation and to approach the questions. I will try to stick with schweser and try to finish it on time. My concern is that if I succeed to finish schweser right on time and score above 70, do I hold any chance at all in the real exam?

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not only schweser mocks are calculation intensive > but also they are verbose. Since you take longer > time to read and understand the quesiton, you will > be left with very less time for calculation and to > approach the questions. I will try to stick with > schweser and try to finish it on time. My concern > is that if I succeed to finish schweser right on > time and score above 70, do I hold any chance at > all in the real exam? As I said before, try the free CFA mock they have available for everyone who is taking the exam in June and you will know.