Schweser Notes vs CFA curriculum

Question for the seasoned CFA exam takers: This is my first go at lvl 1. I have been strictly studying the kaplan/schweser notes since january (taking a class through schweser as well) and I havent opened one CFAi book. I have spoken to a few colleagues who had recently taken lvl 2 and they also only used the notes to study. They mentonied there were certain sections on the exam that were not even covered in the schweser notes. My question is do you think the notes package is enough to pass, or do you reccomend reading through the CFA curriculum, additional study tips ect? I have no academic background in finance. Been in the industry roughly 3 years…

More than enough to pass using Schweser besides Ethics, which you should use the curriculum. If you have time, then you can go over the curriculum as a double check. Almost everything was covered in Schweser and questions on the exam that I thought weren’t covered in Schweser actually were, they just weren’t boldly pointed out. I’ve heard other people say the same thing about Level II (which is why I’m referring to both to make sure my ass is covered for L II), but Level I is definitely different.