Schweser or CFA books

Now that we ahve about 4 months or less…what should we be concetrating on? I keep hearing people say that Schweser doesnt cover a lot of materials that the texts cover…but then…the texts are unbelieveably large that I think its going to be almost impossible to just read them all like a book and yet be ready for the exam. This is what I was thinking of doing. Quickly go thru the schweser notes…and then get to attacking questions asap which includes the back of the chapters questions on the texts. At the moment, I have the Text+Schwser+Question Bank pro. What do u guys think? Good strategy?

Based on what others (including myself) have said, the consensus seems to be to go through Schweser and anything that you need more info/detail on use the CFAI texts for. Do a search for previous threads on this topic (there are several) for a more in-depth explanation.

Schweser…but solve all the practice questions given in original text.

There was a Schweser seminar I attended recently. Basically, the instructor said that in Level I you needed to know a little bit about everything, quick questions on a variety of topics. For Level II, you need to know a lot about everything. They are going to pick a topic and ask 6 questions about it. The specified that with such a wide variety of topics, it’s easy to get caught not knowing something. I don’t know where that leave anyone, but that’s the info that was given to us. To quote exactly “Level one was like a mile wide river that was one inch deep. Level II is a mile wide river and one mile deep.”

To quote exactly “Level one was like a mile wide river that was one inch deep. Level II is a mile wide river and one mile deep.” I believe it’s “Level I is a mile wide and an inch deep, whereas Level II is an inch wide and a mile deep.” If it was a mile wide and a mile deep we wouldn’t have much of a chance, would we?

“If it was a mile wide and a mile deep we wouldn’t have much of a chance, would we?” Do you work for the telephone company? Your intricate knowledge of semantics is impressive.

A reasonable amount of formal training in law helps me with the details. Although my guess would be that my massive brain, which (becaue of it’s sheer size I’m forced to transport to and fro in a wheelbarrow) is the driving force behind my intelligence and the indirect results of said intelligence; in this case, my mastery of semantics.

That was impressive. Thread over.