Schweser PDF Notes now late Sept for L3

Ok well ethics won’t be a passing subject for you guys… So what is the quality of the notes?

The PDF notes is what you will see in the actual Study Notes.

Yes, but how do they measure up… Do they seem the usual Schweser quality. Any first impressions…

The quality is alright. There is a watermark on every page…but it doesn’t really get in the way of the text. Also if there’s a coloured box or a chart explaining something, it actually appears above the watermark so it doesn’t get in the way.

I meant the quality of what’s written. I mean does it look like a rush job was done to get them out by late Sept?

GSView and GhostScript That is the only tip I’m giving. Just use google. There are a million articles about how to do it.

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I meant the quality of what’s written. I mean does > it look like a rush job was done to get them out > by late Sept? Like I said, the PDF notes (content) are identical to the actual study notes. PDF is in soft-copy form, the actual study notes are in hardcopy form.

Yes, but how do the 2008 notes shape up (since they aren’t out yet)

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, but how do the 2008 notes shape up (since > they aren’t out yet) Oh, since the study notes(hard-cpoy) are not out yet. I don’t know how they shape up. That is why I wanted the PDF notes so I can begin my reading. For the past few days, I have been trying to print the PDF notes without any success. I used Schweser notes for my LI and LII.

Smirnoff Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah…saw them today too…sucks though you can > only download them on 1 computer…i was hoping > to have them at work and at home…but i guess > will stick to having them just at work… You can’t read from another computer? What if your leave the company?

Well if I leave the company I will still have the actual notes so no big deal. And besides, I’m not really planning on leaving any time soon anyway. The PDF notes are really just a bonus for people who get the Premium package. I don’t think you can buy them as stand alone. So I’m not really concerned. I was just gonna put them on my work computer so I can quickly reference things if something pops into my head at work…

jrumph, GhostScript wont allow me to open the file as it’s a .exe not a .pdf. How might one get around this?

Can’t you get some bright spark to write a macro that is essentially print screen, page down and saving as a pdf along the way? I’m not the bright spark, but I’m sure some people could do that in about 5 mins. As an aside, why don’t they just let you do what you like with them, but say have your name as the watermark all over them - that way you would be less tempted to share.

Hey If anyone discovers way to sell me a copy of the 2008 L2 Schweser notes please email me at conorod@hotmail.com Thanks

I am sure Schweser will be e-mailing you since they will be curious as well!