Schweser Practice Exam Vs Real Exam

Hi, Does anybody know how is Schweser Practice Exam’s score compared to that of real exam? The difficulty of a) Schweser Practice Exam is easier than real exam b) Schweser Practice Exam is same as real exam c) Schweser Practice Exam is tougher as real exam

Hey the real exam is something no one can know fr sure…bt Schweser is a good tool to get through it because its all concise and easy to understand… the difficulty of Schweser u can know by taking a few CFAI sample exams… bt a personal opinion - Schweser could be the same or easier than the actual…because even schweser cannot become tougher than CFA! nothing can i think… so being thorough with schweser and be able to pass through CFAI sample exams with gud scores…we could have it in the bag ya…!

I would actually say Schweser is in-line with the actual CFA exams. The one huge difference is the amount of “verbage” in the Schweser exams. For level I, I could barely complete an exam in under 3 hours. When I took the actual CFA level I exam I finished the AM with 50 minutes to spare. CFA is much more direct and to the point. All of Schweser’s exams (I through III) are very heavy on the wording. CFA will have some ridiculously hard questions on the exam and questions which you could have sworn were never covered in Schweser. But that’s just the nature of the beast.

>>I would actually say Schweser is in-line with the actual CFA exams. << I’m curious to know if your experience with Schweser is fairly recent. The Institute stopped releasing past exams a number of years ago and the 3rd party providers have had to draft their sample exams somewhat in the blind. I’m just about finished reading through the curriculum, and I’m using Schweser for self-testing.

Panic! At the CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would actually say Schweser is in-line with the > actual CFA exams. > > The one huge difference is the amount of “verbage” > in the Schweser exams. For level I, I could barely > complete an exam in under 3 hours. When I took the > actual CFA level I exam I finished the AM with 50 > minutes to spare. CFA is much more direct and to > the point. All of Schweser’s exams (I through III) > are very heavy on the wording. > > CFA will have some ridiculously hard questions on > the exam and questions which you could have sworn > were never covered in Schweser. But that’s just > the nature of the beast. Agreed. I had plenty of time in June 09 L1 exams both AM and PM sessions. I also used to take full 3 hours in Schweser practice exams. One good example was actual ethics questions in L1 were mostly one liner from what I recall.

Panic! At the CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would actually say Schweser is in-line with the > actual CFA exams. > > The one huge difference is the amount of “verbage” > in the Schweser exams. For level I, I could barely > complete an exam in under 3 hours. When I took the > actual CFA level I exam I finished the AM with 50 > minutes to spare. CFA is much more direct and to > the point. All of Schweser’s exams (I through III) > are very heavy on the wording. > > CFA will have some ridiculously hard questions on > the exam and questions which you could have sworn > were never covered in Schweser. But that’s just > the nature of the beast. Thanks for your response. It gives me kind of relief and confidence since I am not good at reading text so fast. Sometime, Schweser quantitative section also comes up with so much text. Also, good to know that timing is not a big issue in real exam compared to Schweser.

I found Schweser to be more challenging from a quantitative point of view but, aside from ethics, the correct answer in Schweser is more black & white whereas the actual exam has much more grey.