Schweser Practice Exams 2010 vs 2011

Hi I will start with Schweser Practice Exams late this week. I got Schweser Practice Exams Voll. 1 and 2 from 2010. Could you please advise whether you found any difference between 2010 and 2011 version? Given the minor changes to CFAI 2010 vs 2011, I assume Schweser did not change much its Practice Exams. Am I correct? Would I be ok relying on 2010 version or do you suggest me to swith to 2011 version? Many Thanks

Anybody answer to the guy?

If you have both of them, why not just look at the questions ?

luigi_g Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am I correct? Would I be ok relying on 2010 > version or do you suggest me to swith to 2011 > version? The CFAI L3 curriculum changed very little between 2010 and 2011, so any 2010 edition practice exams will also be 95%+ applicable to 2011.

Wendy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > luigi_g Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Am I correct? Would I be ok relying on 2010 > > version or do you suggest me to swith to 2011 > > version? > > > The CFAI L3 curriculum changed very little between > 2010 and 2011, so any 2010 edition practice exams > will also be 95%+ applicable to 2011. As far as the CFAI curriculum is concerned this is a hidden time bomb. On the surface it appears that the curriculum changed very little and if you look at the LOS there isn’t that much change. As a repeater when I looked at the LOSs for 2011, I thought I have seen all of this before,…not really. GIPS are new (Significant changes) and Ethics (new standards of practice) not to mention there are a few new readings.

onelasttime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As far as the CFAI curriculum is concerned this is > a hidden time bomb. On the surface it appears That’s overly dramatic, considering that 45 of the 48 readings have essentially no changes. The one major change from 2010 to 2011 is that 2010 Reading 24 (Macroanalysis and Microvaluation of the Stock Market) was removed and replaced with an entirely new 2011 reading 24 (Equity Market Valuation). Ethics is based on a new version of the standards of practice, but nothing has really changed there. GIPS is based on a new version of GIPS, and there are some minor changes (we now use “fair value” not “market value”, etc) but most practice questions from 2010 will still apply for 2011.

My concern wouldn’t be the curriculum change, it would be Schwesers lazyness. I remember for LII I had one 2010 book and one 2009 book, and it seemed as if they just recycled the same questions in a slightly different order.

Thanks for your answers, guys. Just to clarify. I am perfetly aware of the changes between CFAI 2010 vs 2011. But in spite of this I decided not to buy any Schweser 2011 package and base my prep on Schweser 2010 + CFAI 2011 (the latter only for EOC, reading 24, Ethics, GIPS). But now I have to begin Practice Exams and I thought I would have been ok with Schweser 2010 because I know how lazy they are in terms of updates. And I am pretty sure that Schweser folks just added a couple of new questions here and there in the Practice Exams 2011, but 99.5% is the same as last year. I just wanted a confirmation from you guys about this point… Therefore, this is my plan for the remaining 5.5 weeks (3 full-time-at-home): 1. Review Schweser 2010 Notes and CFAI 2011 new parts and EOC 2. Take Schweser 2010 Practice Exams Voll.1,2 3. Take CFAI AM Exams 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 4. 1 CFAI Sample 2011 and 1 CFAI Mock 2011 Do you think I should be fine? Do you see any hole?