Schweser practice exams error?

Have you guys found any errors in the solution of the practice exam? Here is one A test statistic is best defined as: A. the difference between the critical value and the hypothesized value. B. the difference between a point estimate of a population parameter and its hypothesized value. C. an estimate ofthe value ofthe parameter in question based on a sample. D. the value or values that define the regions for rejecting or failing to reject the null hypothesis. I checked the definition behind the book. It should be D. The solution says B. What a good way to mess up my brain.

D would be the Z-value that you look up in the tables. B looks right to me.

Def. B

I prefer D as well. Imo, it would be B if it said “the difference between a point estimate of a population parameter and its hypothesized value **divided by the standard error**” This is assuming that “point estimate” is interchangeable with “estimated mean.”

B is 100% the right answer

Cubemonkey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I prefer D as well. > > Imo, it would be B if it said “the difference > between a point estimate of a population parameter > and its hypothesized value **divided by the > standard error**” > My thought exactly when I was doing this exact question.

I agree with B

I agree w/ B as well A&D were the first I eliminated.