Schweser Q Bank

Hi Guys How would you rate the Scheweser Q Bank? I have done quite a lot of questions from it. My average is about 78%. Can the level of questions compare to the real exam? I am taking the Schweser mock exam this weekend and plan to spend the last 2 weeks going through the 13 mock exams that I have. Please share your thoughts. Thank you. Janesha.

Where did you get 13 mock exams from? I mean are you counting morning and after session as 2 or you have also included old years’ exam?

I think 78% is pretty good but it depends upon your settings as well. How many exams you attempted? whether you had only advanced and easy questions set up? Repeating the wrong ones? Time taken etc etc

I have currently taken about 18% of all the questions, always involved easy/medium/advanced questions and on avg it took me about 1min per question. Overall accuracy is 83% at the moment. Same plan as you, taking first Mock this weekend. Personally I feel that I am well on track, so I would say the same for you.

thank you everyone. I have attempted 22% of Q Bank. (i.e. 920/4164 Qs). all levels of difficulty. - average 80%. focused mainly on SS 1 to SS 10 and SS 18. Still am busy testing SS 11 to SS 17 between now and Saturday. How I get 14 exams: Schweser pracs 2010 - 2 volumes- 6 exams (counting am and pm as one exam) Schweser pracs 2011 - 2 volumes - 6 exams (counting am and pm as one exam) CFAI sample exam was posted to me when i registered Schweser mock this Saturday so that totals 14 exams. I am quite stressed to be honest. I don’t feel i know much detail. I find Q bank manageable and a good learning tool. But I know there is so much depth that I do not possess.

I’ve heard that there are a lot of the same questions on 2010 and 2011 Sshwesser mocks. So if it’s the case, then there is no point in doing both.

For whatever reason, I do a lot better on the Q-bank stuff than I do on the mocks. To me it feels like the Q-bank is testing if you understand the concept, and the mocks are about trying to trick you into answering incorrectly. Grr. Averaging about 80% on q-bank tests, and 60% in mocks.

But the Q bank questions are very very repetitive. So I was wondering if I am wasting my time with Q Bank.

Q bank is not waste of time if you review your mistakes. It helped me improve my scores on mocks significantly.

morebeans Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For whatever reason, I do a lot better on the > Q-bank stuff than I do on the mocks. To me it > feels like the Q-bank is testing if you understand > the concept, and the mocks are about trying to > trick you into answering incorrectly. Grr. > Averaging about 80% on q-bank tests, and 60% in > mocks. Absolutely agree. I feel much more confident when reading and doing Qbank- my score ranges around 83-88%, but thats not the case for mock. I do feel like the way mock exam was written is kinda tricky and misleading to candidates. I can feel different styles though.

Qbanks are supposed to be for learning but mocks are testing. Aren’t exams supposed to trick you? If this is not the case, everyone will pass the exam, leaving no point of having the exam and no fun as well :slight_smile: