Schweser QBank pre exam availability

I’m having a correspondence with Schweser currently about the availability of the online QBank prior to the exam. I had a lovely email from them suggesting they were *totally unaware* of any problems with QBank before the exam, and asking me for details of the problems I faced, who I contacted in tech support etc etc. Why would they want to get my back up by pretending they didn’t know their server was overwhelmed? I’m already an unhappy customer, why would they want to antagonise me? Do they think that being unaware of capacity issues on their hardware is somehow better? Would anyone like to share their thoughts about the availablility of Schweser online services in the 2-3 weeks prior to the exam?

it was fine for me up until about a week before. The last week it was definitely slower, though still manageable.

The server crapped out on me pretty regularly over the last 2 weeks, but it wasn’t down for long. When I finally got sick of it, I contacted their customer service and had them email me a program file so I had it saved on my hard drive and wasn’t left at the servers’ mercy. I’m going to do the same next year (hopefully for Level III)…it’s the best of both worlds…online convenience and direct access when the server is bogged down.

Schweser is a kind of market leader in CFA prep material. Believe it or not, 80% of us will go back to them for Level II/Level III. They know this and dont give a damn about how we felt in the last week about their website.

I agree that the server had some problems in that last couple of weeks. Could be very annoying at time. I don’t think you have much of a case though if you didn’t contact customer support at that time.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree that the server had some problems in that > last couple of weeks. Could be very annoying at > time. I don’t think you have much of a case > though if you didn’t contact customer support at > that time. I dont think they have 24 hours customer service, right? The server problem happened a lot during the night time.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dwight Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I agree that the server had some problems in > that > > last couple of weeks. Could be very annoying > at > > time. I don’t think you have much of a case > > though if you didn’t contact customer support > at > > that time. > > > I dont think they have 24 hours customer service, > right? The server problem happened a lot during > the night time. I’ve emailed them before using the link on the website when you sign in to schweser online. They always got back to me within 24 hourse. I wouldn’t say they were particularly nice but they fixed whatever problems I was having (I never wrote them about the server lag though).

I had problems, and then it turned out that they had beefed up their security so that it didn’t recognize bookmarks and cookies. They basically told me to get in with www.schweser.com, and entering in login info. After I did that, no problem getting in.

You should do like I did: Choose the download version. There were no probelms at all!

I always get the CD version for those exact reasons…update it regularly and you are one happy camper the last few weeks before exam…

I had problems in the last week and when I called in about it they let me download the CD version to my computer. It was disappointing that it came to that but I felt like they handled it well.