Schweser QBank Recommendations

I’m likely going to go with Schweser’s Essential package, which includes the QBank. You have to choose from one of three formats: 1)online only (but with access from any computer), 2)CD-ROM (which can be installed on only 2 computers), or 3) Download (which can only be downloaded on 1 computer). I’ve narrowed my list to either option 1 or 2. I’d prefer option 2, but am concerned about potential updates. To anyone who has used it in the past, does Schweser updated QBank questions ever (to correct errors, etc)? If they do, will this only affect the online version, or will they put out an update for the other versions as well that can be downloaded? Thanks.

I also have the same question. I think I will download to one computer and update their erratas.

“I’d prefer option 2, but am concerned about potential updates.” there is an update option on the software. The CD just means you download the software to your PC. Once its on your PC you have an option to update it. They constantly were coming up with new questions to add to the database. You don’t need to be worried.

I used the CD format last year. Updates weren’t a big deal. There was an option to download the updates. It was relatively easy to work around the 2 computer limit, so I put it on a USB key and was able to use it at home and work while still keeping track of the questions I’d already answered. I thought it was a great tool for learning and recommend it.

NOVADCA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I’d prefer option 2, but am concerned about > potential updates.” > > there is an update option on the software. The CD > just means you download the software to your PC. > Once its on your PC you have an option to update > it. They constantly were coming up with new > questions to add to the database. You don’t need > to be worried. Excellent. That is exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t realize it was that easy to update. Thanks.

JonnyDee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used the CD format last year. Updates weren’t a > big deal. There was an option to download the > updates. > > It was relatively easy to work around the 2 > computer limit, so I put it on a USB key and was > able to use it at home and work while still > keeping track of the questions I’d already > answered. I thought it was a great tool for > learning and recommend it. You just install to USB key? Does it work? How much space does it take up?

email me at rudy1094 at yahoo about this.