schweser qbank

what do you all think of these as practice for the real thing, i have done some of the CFAI tests but when i get a little burned out i start doing schweser because they are easier but still test basic stuff that i don’t want to forget, is this a waste of time? should i just keep doing the CFAI stuff which gets frustrating at times?

i’m pretty much done with Schweser Qbank. i’m 1600 questions in sans ethics, where i might do some work this weekend. i don’t think its helping me *that* much. i would take all derivatives, fixed income, and alt investment questions as it helps you become quick at calcing EAR, etc.

I am done for now (somewhere around 70% complete). I will only use it going forward if I really need to drill down an easy topic. Like if I want to calculate Sharpe or Treynor ratios from SS17…seriously, how many questions can they have on just 2 little calculations…

voodoo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what do you all think of these as practice for the > real thing, i have done some of the CFAI tests but > when i get a little burned out i start doing > schweser because they are easier but still test > basic stuff that i don’t want to forget, is this a > waste of time? should i just keep doing the CFAI > stuff which gets frustrating at times? don’t run away from it. just go into the texts and understand and solve the examples…

I have been going through the LOS on Schweser’s website and supplementing that with reading my notes made in the CFAI text and Schweser’s Notes books. I am really nailing down topics now. . . for those that I feel I have mastered I will not be revisiting again unless in a question format. I’ll admit it requires a lot of time but I’m willing to put it in at this point. I think of myself going through this again next year and can’t bear it. There are so many things I want to apply this energy to and I can’t wait to start.

I’ve been going through re-reading every SS (second run through Schweser). Just two to go (SS 14 and 15). After each re-read, I’ll do 20 or so Q-banks on that SS just to see whether I took in the overall concepts sufficiently. If I did, then I do the CFAI EOCs, which always brings up points to go and re-read / clarify (often use the CFAI texts for this). Repeat. Once I’m through these last two SS, will do my first practice exam Friday and continue with them all next week. Plan is to “peak” at just the right time. I also like Q-Bank for times like right now - 3:00AM, dead tired and all I can manage to do is click through answers (as opposed to taking notes or writing out answers)