Schweser, Stalla or CFAI...please advise

Hi Guys, I am heading to write the Level 1 this June 2008 and I need an honest word of advice from you guys. Which is the best study material to go with ? , Schweser, Stalla or CFAI books. Some said Schweser is too brief, some recommend CFAI all the way…as this is my first time, how do I know what the best choice is ? Thanks…

To answer your question: “…Some said Schweser is too brief, some recommend CFAI all the way…as this is my first time, how do I know what the best choice is?..” The search function would give you tons of honest words of advice from everyone…

schweser

The questions are all derived from the CFAi texts, which you have no choice but to buy when you enroll for 2008 onward. If you have the discipline to read at least 10-15 hours per week, then you should do fine with just the CFAi material, because that’s essentially all you need. Everything else is secondary.

Some do well with just the schweser notes alone. Others find that notes are not nearly enough. People use the texts and the notes. Some use strictly the texts. Everybody is going to be different and there’s really no shortcut to pass this exam. You’re either going to get it or not. I think it’d be wise for people without a finance background to definitely read the texts as the notes tend to assume you have alot of the basics down already. I personally thought that I could read through the all the texts, but I’m finding it to be too time consuming. I think I’m going with strictly with the notes and qbank after I finish the economics.

Who has the most realistic (in difficulty and type) question bank product? Oh, are there any that you can use for an unlimited time? I prefer something I can reuse in December if I fail in June without having to pay again.

I have been going through Scehwesr lately… i think its really working. They have readings that correspond to readings from the CFAI text, and then also have questions and examples making life a lot easier. Just as an FYI, if you have a solid finance background especially when it comes to Quat and FSA… it’ll click back when you go over stuff in the notes. Since im am time constrained as we all are im trying to keep up with reading one chapter/ day. I feel its helping me keep on track. If you guys have any other ideas let me know Pratik