Schweser v CFAI Texts

I have been through readings 4-8 (the CFA texts) and it does seem the Schweser text are far more concise - they explain a formula and then away with an example. The CFAI though rich are perhaps a little long winded. But my question is do the Schweser text cover all the curriculum? As to the level of difficulty I would say its on par with perhaps an first year undergrad course. The economics section is a bit simplistic perhaps rudimentary and lacks subtlety but I would say that after studying economics at Grad level!!

Type schweser vs cfa text site:analystforum.com/phorums in google and you’ll find plenty of threads on this topic. The consensus seems to be that Schweser is enough for level 1 (except ethics). Schweser doesn’t go into great depth though, but it seems to be enough for passing level 1.

I’ll get to the point: yes, the Schweser texts do cover the entire curriculum. That said, it does lack the depth of coverage of the texts. Cheers, Avi

I’ve found several places where Schweser left out material that were in the CFAI texts. Example would be the types of opinions auditors give if they are not independent. That was nowhere to be found in the Schweser material yet it’s in the CFAI text which means you could get an question on it. I think there notes try to game the exam and only focus on what they identify as medium to high probability topics.

Having spent out on the CFA 1 books, I am struggling through them…I had planned to complete these and then do as many tests as possible…i.e spend extra on Schweser exam questions etc…is this likely to be enough, or should I just bite the bullet and pay up for Schweser notes now?

Stalla is much better in my opinion…

jlive1975 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve found several places where Schweser left out > material that were in the CFAI texts. Example > would be the types of opinions auditors give if > they are not independent. That was nowhere to be > found in the Schweser material yet it’s in the > CFAI text which means you could get an question on > it. > > I dont completely agree with this comment. there are quiet a few things in the CFAi texts that arent part of the LOSs. While the CFAi texts cover the material in alot more detail, schweser directly address EACH and EVERY LOS in the cirriculum. my 2 cents worth